Nov

Stark: Yankees “very confident” they will re-sign Kuroda

Via Jayson Stark: The Yankees are now “very confident” they will re-sign Hiroki Kuroda as long as he doesn’t decide to return to Japan. Other suitors like the Angels and Dodgers have shifted their attention elsewhere.

Within the last three weeks or so, we’ve heard that the 37-year-old Kuroda is a) “content” with another one-year deal, b) deciding between the Yankees and Japan, c) open to signing with other teams, and d) preferred to pitch in Southern California. I don’t know what to think anymore. Hopefully he re-signs soon and all of this can stop. Hate you, hot stove.

This was originally published on Nov. 20th at 5:30pm.

Categories : Asides, Hot Stove League

1. mj says:

agree with you mike i hate the hot stove too:)

2. RetroRob says:

Multiple reports on this.

Once I read that he “preferred” West Coast teams, and the news came from unnamed sources, I became quite confident he was returning to the Yankees. It was a classic case of playing off the team (or in this case “market) that is not the player’s primary choice (California) to return to where he does want to go, the Yankees.

3. Jersey Joe says:

God, I hope so. We need Kuroda

4. Mike Myers says:

I have a love hate relationship with the hot stove.

I love when we hear about players picking the yankees over the sox (Mark T) and I hate when players slip away (cliff lee).

5. The Real Eddard says:

Excellent news. Still think they need to sign Andy and Mo before moving on to other matters. Let’s hope they don’t lowball or insult either one.

6. Cuso says:

Obviously I prefer hearing bits like this as opposed to bits where he “prefers the West Coast because of his daughters.”

Unfortunately this bit and that bit have the same value: NIL

7. Austin Aunelowitzky says:

It’s like a Sudoku puzzle. Get it done Cash!

8. MB923 says:

Done deal. Rosenthal just tweeted Yankees and Kuroda agree to a 1 year deal.

• Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

Please don’t post fake news. I just had to on twitter to find out you were lying, and I hate twitter.

• Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

Sorry I don’t know how to operate twitter apparently, ignore me.

• TCMiller30 says:

haha nice.. I went from being pumped about the news.. to mad at MB923 for lying.. to mad at you for making me think MB923 was lying.. to pumped that what MB923 was thought to be lying about but wasn’t really lying about was really true.. You follow me?

Welcome back Hirok!

9. Rivera Venue Blues says:

Olney says they’ve re-upped on a one year deal!