Nov

Thanksgiving Eve Open Thread

Man I really hope you don’t have to travel today, it’s a nightmare out there. Granted that’s nothing new the day before Thanksgiving, but it doesn’t make it any easier. If you aren’t stuck in traffic or waiting for a train or sitting on a tarmac, use this open thread to talk about whatever you like. Go nuts.

Categories : Open Thread

1. Havok9120 says:

That video was great. What was that, 8 stolen bases?

2. D-Lite says:

But he calls a great game!

3. pat says:

He showed a lot of inner strength, will, and fortitude byt not just breaking down and crying.

4. Rich in NJ says:

I liked this Kobe quote about Jack Taylor (of Grinnell College?) scoring 138 points:

Bryant, who has a shoe that bears his “Black Mamba” nickname, has a theory.

(Taylor) must have been wearing the Mambas, man. Only Mambas have no conscience to shoot the ball that much,” Bryant said.

• MannyGeee says:

Classy. Even when it’s not about me, it’s all about me. I can’t wait for him to get some karmic herpes. Fuck Kobe

• Andy Pettitte's Fibula says:

That was a disgrace having that guy shoot 108 shots in one game.

He didn’t even go back on defense and his team was pressing up 50+ points and fouling intentionally to get him the ball.

Someone on the other team scored 70. It was more like something a 10 year old would try and do in a video game than a real basketball game.

5. CT Yankee says:

“The highway’s jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.”

Luckilly for me, I’m cooking tomorrow so I ain’t going nowhere tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

6. Zack says:

Varitek sucks…too bad Torre didn’t advantage of that in 04.

7. MannyGeee says:

bird is marinating. potatoes carrots stuffing etc tomorrow.wife is working tonight which mean she’ll nap therough the cooking.

but not travelling, so its worth it.

8. Neil says:

Parents in law asleep in basement where my PC is. Sister in law laid out on couch in family room. Wife in bedroom watching Private Practice. So I’m stuck with my phone in the otherwise entertainment free living room. Holidays, eh?

9. I am not the droids you're looking for... says:

Chorizo stuffing.

That is all.

10. The pick off and throw into left-center field was probably my favorite part of that video.

But seriously, though, it doesn’t matter how he played because you should’ve seen how Varitek was in the clubhouse after the game. He was a big clubhouse guy.

11. Robinson Tilapia says:

Going on about 11 years straight of driving out of NYC early Thanksgiving morning without a hitch. Feel bad for anyone who got stuck at Penn Station tonight.

12. Raul Ibanez AKA Tom Marvolo Riddle AKA True Yankee(TM) says:

Hmm. Verducci thinks Montgomery will see time in the majors this year. Interesting thought.

13. Wayne says:

Would love to have my sisters meat loaf and my godmothers roast pork. Delicious! But they are occupied or a little under the weather this year so I’ ll take what is available!

14. Willballs says:

I read a really interesting idea recently on one of these Yankee blogs which had my mind thinking in terms of fantasy baseball. But here goes the concept:

Trage Grandy now for best prospects the Yankees can get. You save 15 million on his last year.

Offer Hamilton a 1 year deal at 35-40 million plus incentives if he wins MVP.

Sign Ichiro for 10 mill.

Put Hamilton in LF, Ichiro in RF, and Gardner in CF.

Just a crazy ida but it gives Hamilton another year to maybe help him get a longer deal after teams feel out the new cap system next year.

Can you imagine this lineup, lol (I know it’s a pipe dream)

Jeter