2012 Record: 95-67 (804 RS, 668 RA, 96-66 pythag. record), won AL East, swept in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees didn’t add any players last week, though a number of (potential) targets agreed to deals elsewhere: Raul Ibanez (Mariners), Stephen Drew (Red Sox), Nick Swisher (Indians), Cody Ross (Diamondbacks), and A.J. Pierzynski (Rangers). Ibanez and Drew were the only ones linked to New York this offseason.
- Brian Cashman said the team will not pursue further rotation upgrades, though they continue to seek a right-handed bat. There’s “no chance” they will pursue Michael Bourn.
- Injury News: Michael Pineda (shoulder) and Cesar Cabral (elbow) are throwing off flat ground from “extended distances.” Top prospect Jose Campos (elbow) is throwing off a mound.
- The Ichiro Suzuki signing became official. Both right-hander Jim Miller and left-hander Josh Spence were outrighted to Triple-A.
- The Yankees will field a second rookie level Gulf Coast League affiliate in 2013. They’re also considered moving top prospect Tyler Austin back to third base. Cuban left-hander Omar Luis Rodriguez is still waiting for his visa.
- The 2012 luxury tax bill is $19.3M, though MLB made an error in the initial calculation and had to revise the bill.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.