2012 Record: 95-67 (804 RS, 668 RA, 96-66 pythag. record), won AL East, swept in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees signed Juan Rivera to a minor league contract, adding another body to the right-handed outfield bat Spring Training competition. Russ Canzler was claimed off waivers by the Orioles.
- Hal Steinbrenner confirmed there has been a “a conversation or two” about an extension for Robinson Cano. Felix Hernandez agreed to a monster extension with the Mariners, so he won’t be wearing pinstripes anytime soon.
- Injury News: CC Sabathia (elbow) doesn’t expect to be far behind in Spring Training. Derek Jeter (ankle) expects to resume running in a few weeks. Michael Pineda (shoulder) continues to throw from a half-mound and could get up on a full mound by next week. Manny Banuelos (elbow) has started throwing as part of his rehab from Tommy John surgery. Jose Campos (elbow) has completed his rehab and will be ready for Opening Day. Mason Williams (shoulder) is close to 100%.
- Brian Cashman confirmed that catcher candidate Frankie Cervelli can be sent to the minors without having to clear waivers this year. Cervelli was connected to the South Florida clinic that alleged distributed performance-enhancing drugs.
- Gary Sanchez, Williams, Tyler Austin, Slade Heathcott, and Jose Ramirez all cracked Keith Law’s top 110 prospects list. Sanchez topped my annual Preseason Top 30 Prospects List. Law ranked New York’s farm system the tenth best in baseball.
- The Yankees are still considering moving Brett Gardner to center field this year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.