2012 Record: 95-67 (804 RS, 668 RA, 96-66 pythag. record), won AL East, swept in ALCS
Top stories from last week:
- The biggest story of the week, by far, was Alex Rodriguez’s inclusion in a report regarding a South Florida performance-enhancing drug peddler. MLB is performing an investigation and the Yankees will not comment until that is complete.
- Meanwhile, the Yankees added a new left-handed hitting DH, signing Travis Hafner to a one-year contract worth $2M plus incentives. New York also signed Juan Rivera to a minor league contract, and they continue to seek a right-handed hitting outfielder. Russ Canzler was designated for assignment to clear room on the roster for Hafner.
- Injury News: Michael Pineda (shoulder) threw off a half-mound for the first time since surgery last May. Derek Jeter (ankle) resumed baseball activities down in Tampa.
- The Yankees announced their Spring Training invitees, which include top prospects Gary Sanchez, Slade Heathcott, and Tyler Austin. Sanchez, Austin, and Mason Williams made MLB.com’s Top 100 Prospects List.
- Andy Pettitte will not pitch for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic in a few weeks.
- Michael Kay signed a new multi-year contract with the YES Network.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)