Feb

Pineda’s rehab continues with latest half-mound session

Via Erik Boland: Michael Pineda‘s rehab from shoulder surgery continued today with his latest half-mound session, which lasted roughly 25 pitches. He’s been throwing off a half-mound for about a week following nearly five months’ worth of flat ground work. I imagine it’ll be a while before he gets up on a full mound, but every day Pineda gets through without his arm falling off is a positive.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. vin says:

It’s official.. Yankees win this trade!!!1!

2. KennyH123 says:

I think He’ll pitch somewhere around midseason, with decreased velo. 4-7, 5.03 sounds right.

Montero on the other hand, is ready to blossom. .284, 28, 99 in his second year, my guess. No. We didn’t win anything.

3. Heismanziel says:

Pineda is going to come back and be a absolute beast. Throwing triple digits, striking everybody out, and its going to be glorious. Screw montero.. Gary Sanchez will have a better career than him. Bank on it.

• Dropped Third says:

Hell yea! I’m sick of all the doom and gloom shit. Im pretty pumped out the kids we got and the current roster.

• Heismanziel says:

Damn right. This years team is going to be special. A Mix of resurgent vets, sprinkled in with some youngsters that are going to surprise. Nunez and Phelps are going to take great strides this year. and Pineda will regain beast mode at some point this season. Oh and Mo will be MO. Hell.. we might even see montgomery up in the bronx at some point. We got big time prospects that could make huge strides this year and get very close to the bronx. A very Intriguing team and farm system. I am stoked.

• Jersey Joe says:

Woah, slow down there buddy. This team is not “stoked” worthy.

• Heismanziel says:

says you. I am completely pumped for this season. I could be way off base and completely wrong with every single one of my predictions, but that wont change my positive outlook. Sorry I am not doom and gloom 8 months of the year.

• jjyank says:

You’re probably more optimistic than me (and I consider myself pretty optimistic), but at the very lest I find your outlook refreshing compared to the mass gloom I see on here.

And @ Jersey Joe, that’s your opinion. You don’t have to be stoked, but I am.

• Heismanziel says:

I always feel optimistic at this time of the year. Its nearly spring training and its a fresh start. Honestly.. this team has the talent to make the playoffs and get hot and go on a run if things go right.. which they certainly could or might not. We see it every year from a unsuspecting team. Personally.. i Find it depressing when people find every small thing to gripe about ( especially in feb) But whateer

• Robinson Tilapia says:

Man, we need some actual positive-minded new blood around here. Right or wrong, stick around. It’s nice to see someone new believing in the franchise.

• The Big City of Dreams says:

Ppl are not complaining just to complain. They are bringing up legit concerns.

• Jim Is Bored says:

You always jump to people’s defense. YOU bring up legit concerns. A lot of people do not.

I don’t know how anyone could possibly make that more clear to you, or if you’re just intentionally obtuse.

• The Big City of Dreams says:

SMH why do you go out of your way to be a jerk. Once again Jim this is baseball….a sport we all love and follow so calm down and relax with the insults. It’s not life or death. This is the second time you’ve done this. I could understand being angry at a troll but don’t take this thing to heart.

Me: I think the Yankees could have some trouble scoring runs this yr
                      You: What are dumb you dense loser. How can you say that. you’re an idiot.

Again you don’t have to be a jerk just because I’m not waving the pom poms. Are you going to attack me because I don’t have the Yankees steam rolling the league this yr. WTF man

• LK says:

If you’re not stoked for the start of a baseball season, I think you can probably find a hobby that would give you more enjoyment.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

Let the man be stoked. I’d rather hear this 100 times over people who want to declare the season over.

• Manny's BanWagon (formerly Andy Pettitte's Fibula) says:

Sanchez has me the most excited of the Yankees prospects. A hitter like that at catcher is just so valuable.

Also, I’m optimistic that Pineda is young enough to overcome this injury like several other’s have. If he can be anything close to 1st half 2011 Pineda, he too will also be tremendously valuable.

4. trr says:

At this point, we’ll take anything we can get from Pineda.
    Hope he’s back in shape he was overweight last year. As far as the trade is concerned , it will take to the end of 2015, maybe longer to really evaluate it.

• Heismanziel says:

I agree. I am just really high on Pineda and believe the he will be a absolute beast at some point. He is way too young for this injury to just have derailed his career. The kid has SOO much talent. When it comes to the trade… I honestly think Sanchez/Romine will make one hell of a group at catcher for us for a long time so i don’t really get all upset about the loss of montero. But.. I do realize some people will NEVER get over montero being traded. But.. we she shall see how it all plays out.

5. Robinson Tilapia says:

I’m not going to be impressed until he’s throwing off a mound and a half. Pussies.