Feb

Yankees scheduled for eight FOX broadcasts in 2013

Just a quick little note: Maury Brown has the FOX broadcast schedule for the upcoming season. The Yankees will appear on the network eight times during the regular season, including five times (!) against the Red Sox. The other three broadcasts are road games against the Tigers, Angels, and Orioles. Click through for the full schedule.

Categories : Asides

1. Beamish says:

Sometimes I pray for the return of the balanced schedule. Fewer Yankees-Red Sox games would mean fewer Fox/ESPN hijackings with terrible start times and infuriating announcers.

2. DC_Coughlin says:

Could actually be 9 games if the Giants @ Yankees Saturday game in September is flexed by FOX.

3. Easy as 123 says:

F fox and its blasphemy…. Anyone else see that? ( Asteriod streaks actions sky )

4. Eddard: Back and better than never says:

The Red Sox aren’t even going to be that good. This isn’t 03-07, FOX. Why not more Yankees-Os, Yankees-Jays, Yankees-Rays, those would be much better feature match ups.

5. forensic says:

Ah Yeah!!! The banhammer has speaketh. Good riddance…

Thanks Mike!

As for FOX, at least it’s only one game in the first two months, especially for those of us who constantly get stuck with whatever west coast game is on at the same time.

6. trr says:

hate Fox, hate their announcers

7. vicki says:

all the buck and mccarver you can eat. yay.

8. Evan3457 says:

Thanks a lot MLB. Way to ruin almost every Yankees-Red Sox series with the Fox-ESPN double homicide.

9. Jamey says:

FOX knows what year it is, right?

10. free speech says:

I guess free speech is dead.

11. free speech says:

He really gets upset when you say nunez is good!

12. P says:

I like the 7pm Saturday games. My wife works on Saturday nights, kids asleep by 8, beer open by 8:01, feet up, game on.

13. Dropped Third says:

Three words…. Fucking Joe Buck

14. ...They're Yoouukk-ing Him says:

You know, these games would at least be half tolerable if we got some Kenny Albert or Thom Brennaman thrown in there but seeing as we’re likely to get a full slate of Buck/McCarver, I think I’m just going to boycott those games on TV…Because Sterling/Waldman might actually be an upgrade over the insufferable Joe Buck and the unknowledgable Tim McCarver. It’s sad to see how far this duo has fallen over the years.

15. Cross777 says:

Why is FOX allowed to bounce all over with their start times?

12:30, 2:30, 3:30, 7:00 – Supposed to be Saturday game of the week.

They should all be 1:00 games.

16. Laz says:

Good!

This is good for those of us who don’t have Yes service.

17. Neil says:

I seem to remember reading somewhere that MLB.tv subscribers would now be able to watch the games Fox isn’t showing in their broadcast area?

Where I live (Central PA) that can include Phillies, O’s, Nats, and Pirates games, and quite often I don’t get the Yankees game on Fox because they show the Phillies instead. Means I’m stuck listening to John Sterling.

I can’t stand the Fox announcers, especially Buck, but not being able to watch the game still sucks.