Record Last Week: 4-1 (36 RS, 14 RA)
Season Record: 6-5 (60 RS, 47 RA, 7-4 pythag. record), 1.0 game back in AL East
Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, vs. Diamondbacks (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week opened with a four-game series in Cleveland. The Yankees won the series opener as Robinson Cano finally broke out of his slump, then they won the second game in blowout fashion. The final two games of the series were rained out and will be made up as part of a doubleheader on May 13th.
- The Yankees returned home to play the Orioles in a three-game set, and they took the opener thanks to an Adam Jones error and a triple play on Friday. Phil Hughes got pounded in Saturday’s loss, but Hiroki Kuroda threw a shutout in yesterday’s win.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter (ankle) is taking batting practice and doing some light running. Michael Pineda (shoulder) faced hitters in a live batting practice session for the first time since surgery. Curtis Granderson (forearm) has resumed throwing. Mark Teixeira (wrist) has not yet been cleared to swing a bat. Andy Pettitte (back) had his start pushed back to Friday. Alex Rodriguez (hip) has been cleared to run slowly on a treadmill. Eduardo Nunez (wrist) is day-to-day after being hit by a pitch. Cesar Cabral (elbow) was scheduled to pitch in game this weekend.
- The Yankees re-signed Clay Rapada to a minor league contract, and he recently threw a simulated game as he works his way back from shoulder bursitis. The “top of the Yankees hierarchy” was behind the Ichiro Suzuki re-signing.
- MLB suspects A-Rod of purchasing documents from the South Florida clinic Biogenesis regarding performance-enhancing drugs, but they don’t have any actual evidence.
- The Yankees will have between $1.18M and $1.88M to spend on international amateur players this year, depending on whether there is a worldwide draft or regular old free agency.
- Yankee Stadium is the “preferred venue” for an NHL game next January.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.