Record Last Week: 4-2 (28 RS, 26 RA)
Season Record: 10-7 (88 RS, 73 RA, 10-7 pythag. record), 2.5 games back in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Rays (three games, Mon. to Weds.), vs. Blue Jays (four game, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day before the Diamondbacks came to town for the first interleague series of the year. The Yankees won both the first game and the second game of the series in come-from-behind fashion, but they were unable to complete the sweep on Thursday.
- The Yankees then headed up to Toronto for a three-game set with the new-look Blue Jays, and they blew their division rivals out in the series opener. They took the second game of the series in extra innings but couldn’t finish the sweep yesterday.
- Injury News: Derek Jeter (ankle) has a new fracture and will be out until after the All-Star break. He does not need surgery. Both Curtis Granderson (forearm) and Mark Teixeira (wrist) have been cleared to swing a bat. Michael Pineda (shoulder) is scheduled for his first simulated game since surgery this week. Kevin Youkilis (back) is day-to-day with some stiffness. Cesar Cabral (elbow) and Clay Rapada (shoulder) continue to rehab in Tampa.
- The Yankees will stick with their internal infield options following Jeter’s setback.
- The NHL is planning to have two outdoor games at Yankee Stadium next January.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
- 10 (very confident)
- 1 (no confidence)