Apr

Updates: Kuroda day-to-day with bruised middle finger after line drive

10:50pm: “He’s okay. Bruised middle finger,” said Joe Girardi after the game. It’s still to early to know if he will make his next scheduled start, however. A bruise is good news.

8:28pm: Kuroda has a contusion on his finger and will go for x-rays tonight. So … continue to stay tuned for updates.

7:52pm: Hiroki Kuroda left tonight’s game after taking a line drive off his right finger tips. He threw some warm up pitches and remained in the game for a few batters, but he had no idea where the ball was going and it was obvious something was wrong. Stay tuned for updates.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Gonzo says:

Welcome to the suck.

2. Danny says:

When it rains, it fucking pours in Yankee Universe.

3. I see that Epply is in the game to finish off the inning with Warren warming up. Wasn’t Aardsma DFA’d because he “couldn’t throw multiple innings” Still a puzzling move.

4. turk says:

….another injury …gee who would have guessed that another older player just might go down…

5. Python Grimes says:

Christ on a bicycle. Is this some kind of sick joke?

6. YankeesJunkie says:

Can someone stay healthy please! This has been ridiculous to see half a lineup and half the rotation gone on game two of the season. It would be nice to see Warren step up when he comes in after Eppley.

7. Carribeanpirate says:

This is pathetic. How on earth ANYONE thinks this team will compete is beyond me. Someone should remind Hal that if this team sucks, people won’t come and that means less money.

• matt montero says:

At this point you really can’t blame them. I know, even before all of the injuries, they looked weaker than last year, but there’s no way they could have predicted this happening. It’s a freak occurrence. Sure, you need depth in the event that there is a couple of injuries, but even the deepest teams would be devastated by the amount of injuries that the Yankees have suffered (as well as the importance of the players who have gotten injured). At this point, it’s not even about age. Obviously, this injury had nothing to do with age, it was pure unluckiness.

8. True blue says:

He looked like shit before he got hit.

9. pistol pete says:

It’s going to be a long season, we lost the battle in the off season. The Yankees simply don’t have enough good players and have aging stars with heavy contracts and are injury prone. It’s going to get ugly in the Bronx. Imagine that centerfield camera shot in July with those $1500 box seats. Hal will need to be busing people into those seats to save the embarassment.

10. goterpsgo says:

And to think – I got an MLB.TV subscription today, and when I turned it on to NYY I got the Bad News Bears! WTF?!

• lightSABR says:

Yeah, I splurged on an MLB.tv subscription this year, too, figuring it was my favorite player’s last year. I’m rapidly coming to regret the decision, since with games like this I never want to watch.

I wonder how old of games it will let me watch? Maybe I’ll just re-watch the 2009 season instead of tuning into the ongoing train wreck.

11. Eddard says:

It’s certainly not looking good. With just 160 games left I don’t know if there’s enough time left to turn it around. Andy might have to throw a shutout tomorrow and maybe they can scratch out a 1-0 W.

12. Dalek Jeter says:

PRONK!!!!

Anybody got Sterling’s call?

13. botz says:

I can’t believe I’m watching the Rangers instead. Can’t watch the Sox beat up on us.

14. Dale Mohorcic says:

Just heard something about 30% chance of surgery from bizarro khloe kardashian when I walked back in. What was that about?

15. Charlie says:

This season is going to be brutal…..

16. Manny's BanWagon says:

His finger is probably being amputated as we speak. Talk about a run of bad luck.

17. trr says:

wow. never seen so many injuries in such a short time. never.

18. i like bacon says:

they just dont have a competitive group this year. time to try something else. if there going to suck this year lets bring up some of the youngsters. see what we got.

19. Jorge Brosada says:

All I can think you’ve got to be kidding me

20. Real Life says:

This is not surprising. The dude is 38. This is expected. This is exactly what i tried to tell everyone on here. Expect to suck this year. We are already devastated by letting FAs walk and the preseason injuries and the guys we are relying on are like 50. Only a matter of time before Pettitte goes down as well. You can’t depend on 37+yr old pitchers to make 30 starts.

• Robinson Tilapia says:

I have an idea. Throw a fastball at me. I’ll hit it right above your head and you hold your little bony hand up just so that the batted ball hits you right in the middle finger. Let’s see if you’re fucking Wolverine.

• Havok9120 says:

Clearly the baseball targeted him due to his age.

They’re dastardly that way.

21. Jersey Joe says:

2013 is just a dream. It’s just a nightmare. *Pinching self* IT’S A NIGHTMARE! *I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!

22. Jack and Jill had a funky time says:

Will Mariano have to pitch in losing games just to make his farewell appearances?

23. Jack and Jill had a funky time says:

Maybe Canseco can take a minute out from celebrity wrestling and help the teamJ

24. Robinson Tilapia says:

Nah, I just love the sound of Phelps, Warren, and Nova potentially in the rotation.

*chug*

Get well, #HIROK

25. Meet George Jetson says:

I am done watching …. Wake me up when they call Montero up from AAA

26. MickeyP says:

Good grief. A contusion? You don’t say. Kuroda will be back shortly.

27. JobaWockeeZ says:

I am so down for a top 5 pick.

28. Hall and Nokes says:

Get the feeling I’m gonna injure my middle finger by the time this season’s done.