Fan Confidence Poll: May 13th, 2013By
Record Last Week: 5-1 (24 RS, 15 RA)
Season Record: 23-13 (157 RS, 138 RA, 20-16 pythag. record), 1.0 games up in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Indians (doubleheader, Mon.), vs. Mariners (three games, Tues. to Thurs.), vs. Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Yankees opened a three-game interleague series with the Rockies in Colorado. Hiroki Kuroda made one bad pitch in Tuesday loss, but Brennan Boesch‘s late-inning hit gave the team a win the next day. New York took the finale following a lengthy mid-game rain delay.
- The Yankees went to Kansas City for a three-game weekend series next, and they put a hurtin’ on the Royals in the series opening win. They hung on for another win on Saturday, then completed the sweep yesterday.
- Injury News: Alex Rodriguez (hip) has resumed baseball activities. Frankie Cervelli (hand) is still five weeks away from doing anything baseball-related. Curtis Granderson (forearm) has started playing in minor league rehab games with Triple-A Scranton. Ivan Nova (triceps) made a minor league rehab start in Extended Spring Training, but he felt something in his side yesterday and has been shut down. Joba Chamberlain (oblique) will make a minor league rehab appearance on Tuesday. Eduardo Nunez (ribcage) was placed on the DL. Robinson Cano (foot) is fine after x-rays showed no break following a foul tip. David Robertson (hamstring) has since returned to action. Last year’s first rounder Ty Hensley (hip) is expected to miss the season following surgery.
- Infielder Alberto Gonzalez was acquired from the Cubs and subsequently called up when Nunez hit the DL. They Yankees are planning to call up David Adams on Wednesday, the first day he is eligible to join the big league team.
- Dellin Betances has been permanently shifted to the bullpen. A slew of minor leaguers were released, including Gil Velazquez, Cody Johnson, Ryan Pope, Juan Cedeno, and Shaeffer Hall.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.