May

Fan Confidence Poll: May 27th, 2013

Record Last Week: 3-3 (27 RS, 28 RA)
Season Record: 30-19 (211 RS, 187 RA, 25-18 pythag. record), percentage points up in AL East
Opponents This Week: @ Mets (two games, Mon. and Tues.), vs. Mets (two games, Weds. and Thurs.), vs. Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. Eddard's pantaloons says:

Too many injuries, minors suck.

2. CS Yankee says:

Kept with the 8 but having Huff & Nova up could justify a 7 by itself.

Huff at a career 5.40 ERA & Nova hasn’t been anything in about a year. Guessing though, when Teix comes back (Friday?) that either Huff goes DFA or Nova “gets corrected” in AAA. Youk will mean that Boesch or Adams goes back down, but if Teix looks real, I’m guessing they have to move Overbay for some OF depth.

3. trr says:

Holding at “7″. Team still in first place despite all the adversity.
    Is there anyone here who wouldn’t have signed up for this before the season starts? Prospect development in minors has been slow, yes, but that’s the nature of the beast…

Enjoy your Memorial Day Holiday, please spend a few moments in respect and remembrance of those who sacrificed everything for our freedom!

4. jjyank says:

I’m still gon a hold at an 8, though I almost clicked 7. As was discussed a bit here last night, there are several ways to look at this team. I choose to look at it this way: The Yankees have defied the odds, survived a rather extreme number of injuries to key players, and battled into first place and 11 games over .500 by Memorial Day. The fact that this team could accomplish that before any reinforcements come back from the DL (not really counting Grandy here) makes me pretty damn confident. Sure, there are questions about those very reinforcements. But I feel pretty comfortable in thinking that Tex will be better than Loverbay, Jeter will be better than Brignac/Nix/Nunez, Cervelli will be better than Stewart, Grandy (round 2) will be better than Ichiro, and Pettitte will be better than Nuno (though he has impressed). I hesitated to say Youk will be better than Adams, since Adams is playing well. But still, he’d be an upgrade somewhere.

If a first place team can add that many upgrades, I’m feeling pretty damn confident.

• The Real Me says:

I look at this season similarly and also “almost” voted a 7 based on the long term. This season is still looking much better than expected and should get better from here as the regulars return. However, longer term, CC is starting to worry me. Perhaps the team gets lucky and Kuroda returns for one more season and again pitches like an ace. I don’t think this is likely, though.

So, unless CC gets things figured out or the Yankees decide to spend on a #1 starter to go along with CC and whoever else performs well, I may have to revise down long term.

• jjyank says:

That’s fair. I won’t lie and say that I’m not worried about CC at all. I’m not ready to close the book on him being an ace yet, though.

5. TomH says:

Unchanged at 4

(1)Immediate issues:

prospects remain a problem; injuries catastrophic; CC becoming a real cause for concern;

(2)Long-term:

Seligization puts a damper on the power of the Yankee bank accounts to improve the future.

• CS Yankee says:

You do know it is based upon 10 being the highest grade, not 5?

Did you give the Astros a negative four? Does anyone get a passing grade in your world? Did…ahh never mind, you are clearly clueless, devote of reality or just holiday trolling.

6. Dalek Jeter says:

Standing strong at a baseline 7. Almost went down to a 6, because besides Kuroda our pitching is a bit worrisome. Phelps has been great, but I’d like the league to see him 2 or 3 times before we say he’s a great (or even good) pitcher, same with Nuno. Hughes has been up and down, but he’s league average, and while that’s fine as a 4 or a 5 he’s probably our 3 right now, so it’d be good if he could step up. Finally CC. He compinsated for the lack of velocity early in the season with pinpoint control, but he’s now had 3 consecutive bad outings. Hopefully he can figure it out, our season and the next few rely on the big man putting up at least 200 All Star caliber innings.

7. pinch hitter says:

Pythagorean record now so confident it actually eliminates 6 games that shouldn’t have been played from its predictions.

• RetroRob says:

Ha! I saw that, too. I’m guessing he didn’t update it from last week since there are six games missing and the team played six games in the last week.

8. Get Phelps Up says:

9 for this season, 6.5-7 for the next few seasons = 8.
    Could change depending on how CC rebounds with reduced velocity but I can’t say he’s done as a top flight starter after 60 or so innings.

9. Manny's BanWagon says:

Still at a 7.

Only gripe is our minor league system has been rather unimpressive so fat this year but that can change.

Interesting to see however to see that the Yankees are down about 6K per game in attendance and their ratings on YES are down 38% as per Michael Kay on friday. Seems that their (relatively) no name line up, even though they’re winning isn’t interesting enough for fans which does set up kind of a bad scenario for the front office since their main concern is making money.

• RetroRob says:

I’m still sitting at an 8, which is where I’ve been for a long, long time, but I am coming close to moving down to a 7. Aging roster, uncertainty about Yankees desire to fully use its financial resources, no clear impact player(s) in the minors at the moment.

Yet it’s a team that in the most recent memory has for twenty years done nothing but win, including this year.

• Manny's BanWagon says:

I was at a 6 for most of the spring and moved to a 7 due to their good play.

I do wonder how long they’ll be about to get by with smoke and mirrors too and other than Gary Sanchez, no one in the minors really excites me at the moment.

If you would have told me no Jeter, Teix or Granderson (essentially), a mediocre CC, lousy Hughes, putrid Nova and almost nothing from Youkilis and they’d be 30-19 in first place, I’d have said you were insane.

10. mustang (The Has Been & Wannabes Bunch 2013) says:

Must admit its getting harder to win with these guys they had to pull 2 games out of their ass this road trip just to break even so I’m happy to see reinforcements on the horizon.

I can see why people are bitching about the minors, but how much can one bitch with the likes of Adams, Nuno, and Claiborne coming out of that system so let just let it be.

11. LarryM Fl says:

7+. Concerned about CC as our Ace. He is the guy that we have to turn to when the ship needs to be righted. I understand that he is a pitcher coming off elbow chips but more importantly in transition. If he comes around and our team improves with the high price DLers coming back then I believe we will be OK.