Jun

Sunday Night Open Thread

(Otto Greule Jr/Getty)

(Otto Greule Jr/Getty)

Here is your open thread for this lovely evening. The ESPN Sunday Night game is the Cardinals at the Reds (Lynn vs. Arroyo), plus Game Two of the NBA Finals is on. Talk about either game or anything else on your mind right here. Have at it.

Categories : Open Thread

1. RetroRob says:

Hmmm, open thread appears before the game is over and the game thread is on!

2. Eddard says:

I’ve got four words for you – BGDP.

Now our focus shifts to Pop and Duncan putting the Heat in dire straights. Those two deserve one more ring to ride off into the sunset.

3. Brandon Mauk says:

No PH for Brignac? Really, Joe?

• Dr. TJ Eckleberg says:

I personally loved having Nix sac bunt Ichiro over so Brignac could have a crack at a base hit and drive him in. WTF Joe, I know Nix isn’t great, but Brignac is oh so much worse. There’s no chance Brignac was getting that guy in. None.

4. Jimmy says:

Sitting in a freshly cut back yard + a Macanudo Prince Richard + a homemade pumpkin milk stoudt + listening to Mo shutting down his 630+ save = the good life.

• The Real Me says:

I’ve got a large piece of property (4+ acres)but it’s so damn dry out here, that I really can’t enjoy the satisfaction of freshly cut grass. It’s freshly cut weeds and dust blowing around …

But, the Macanudo (or my preference, a H. Upman cedar wrapped Camaroon) sounds really good. Still a bit hot here now at 7PM. I’ll wait a bit longer and enjoy a nice single malt scotch along with the cigar.

5. Jorge Brosada says:

Game of Thrones tonight too!

• Pat D says:

Will REALLY BIG MASSIVE SPOILER happen?

Will YET ANOTHER REALLY BIG MASSIVE SPOILER happen?

Or will all of that be saved until next year?

• WhittakerWalt says:

I don’t think anything major will be happening tonight. Not enough time.

• Pat D says:

Nor do I. But there has to be some kind of cliffhanger, and I’m not familiar enough with the books to guess what that might be.

6. WhittakerWalt says:

Yanks are heading to the Bay Area, after a big win, and with a day off tomorrow. So the question is, how many piano bars will John Sterling be hitting tonight?

7. Wheels says:

Good for Chris Stewart.

8. D$1184 says:

I don’t suppose anyone saw that AMAZING Opening Number by Neil Patrick Harris to open the Tony’s tonight?

9. Jacob the OG says:

Holy shit goosebumps on netflix! Childhood restored

10. JohnnyC says:

LOL Mets. The three players they’re calling up from AAA are older than the three they’re sending down.

11. Pat D says:

GOT finale = weak.

• WhittakerWalt says:

I disagree totally. The finales are always a lot quieter than the 9th episodes (which are usually mind blowing), but there’s nothing wrong with that. The finales serve as a bridge to the next seasons and tie up a lot of loose ends. Plus this particular season finale takes place mid-book, so there’s no natural climax to work with.