Jul

Cano lands first endorsement deal since signing with Jay-Z

Via Darren Rovell: Robinson Cano has signed a multi-year deal with Pepsi to be the face of their national MLB marketing campaign. Pepsi been the league’s official soft drink sponsor for nearly two decades now. Cano will be a featured in an advertisement at some point during tonight’s All-Star Game.

“He represents the kind of athlete who is in the moment, has a great personality and connects with consumers,” said Heidi Sandreuter, Pepsi’s senior director of sports marketing. The deal is Cano’s first endorsement contract since hooking on with CAA Sports and Jay-Z’s Roc Nation back in April. In a statement released at that time, Robbie basically said he was looking for better off-the-field opportunities. Landing multiple years with Pepsi is a great first step, I’d say.

Categories : Asides

1. mike myers says:

this is great for the Yankees. Jayz is really going to push him to stay in NY where as Boras would just look for $$$. This could save them a year + on the contract and possible dollars per year.

• This is amazing how a millionaire keeps getting paid. I have a basketball program that serves 108 boys in the community. Cooperate sponsors need to start helping programs like my own. I can’t even get small commercial companies to help sponsor our boys. Jay z and Pepsi need to start reaching out to programs that give back to their communities. I can’t believe how hard it is to have these millionaire give back. MONEY GOES TO MONEY… SMH!!

2. vicki says:

please tell me what products i should buy.

3. jsbrendog says:

he will sign with LA so he can get his own reality show…..or marry a kardashian…are there any of those left?

• Need Pitching & Hitting (but mostly hitting) says:

They can always be recycled.

• Cliff says:

Since gay marriage is legal, yes

• Robinson Tilapia says:

I’d watch a Robbie reality show.

I’d be downright fanatical for a Robbie AND Melky “buddies” reality show.

They can film those in NYC as well, though.

• Bo Knows says:

There is but sadly she’s the exact opposite of her siblings. Smart, pretty, ambitious, non-drama and not a complete whore (both media wise, and romance wise) ….also she’s like 18, so she’s not old either

4. JJ says:

Weak. News came out days ago

5. Peter R says:

Beyonce is the national face of Pepsi. Beyonce is married to Jay-Z. Jay-Z is Cano’s agent. Coincidence? I think not!

6. Jim James says:

“He represents the kind of athlete who is in the moment has a great personality and connects with consumers,”

Gee I wonder what advertising buzz words we should expect from this campaign.

7. MannyGeee - Failed Starter says:

Robbie’s the New Generation

8. Robinson Tilapia says:

Matt Harvey will just have to settle for shilling for RC Cola.

9. dkidd says:

who cares about this?

seriously. i’m genuinely curious. if you care about this, can you explain why?

10. Brian in MA says:

Hey i got an idea…lets have world class athletes pitch obesity inducing sugar water!!

Side note, i went to a baseball game in NYC for the first time a couple weeks ago. At most places a “small” soda is like 24-32 ounces, and I usually split it with my wife. When I was at Citi field they only offered the measly 16 ounce cup. I had completely forgotten. THANKS NANNY BLOOMBERG.

11. dude says:

If this were posted elsewhere there would be at least 25 “illuminati” comments by now