DotF: An A-Bomb from A-RodBy
With Mike covering the All Star Game and related festivities for CBS this week, I’ll be your host for Down on the Farm tonight. We start off with video of A-Rod‘s A-Bomb, courtesy of Josh Norris. Larry Granillo of the Tater Trot Tracker timed A-Rod’s first trip around the bases since last September at 26 seconds so clearly Al is taking it a bit slow. He also had a single. Come back soon, right-handed power hitter.
The rest of these will be a bit abbreviated. Feel free to highlight any performances I may have missed in the comments.
Double A Trenton (6-5 win over Reading)
- 3B Alex Rodriguez: 2-4, HR, 2 RBI. – He had some chances in the field too and emerged unscathed. Mike had more on him earlier.
- CF Slade Heathcott: 1-5, 2 K
- SP Nik Turley: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, 1 HR.
- RP Danny Burawa: 1 IP, a bunch of zeroes
- RP Tommy Kahle: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Class A Tampa is in the 14th inning of a 2-2 game. The Yanks have 14 hits but just two with runners in scoring position. Mason Williams is 2-5; Peter O’Brien is 3-6; Rob Refsnyder is 2-6; Saxon Butler is 3-6. Dietrich Enns struck out five in six innings and allowed just an unearned run. Honestly, I won’t update this post when the game ends, but you can check out the boxscore.
Class A Charleston (8-5 loss to Augusta)
- SS Cito Culver: 1-4, 2B, BB, K – All the way up to .226/.314/.362 with his recent hot streak. At least he’s shown some patience.
- 3B Dante Bichette Jr.: 2-3, HR, BB – 7th home run of the season. He’s back above the Mendoza Line, for now.
- Jake Cave went 1 for 3, and the pitching was, to a man, not impressive tonight.
Short Season A Staten Island: (7-4 win over Auburn)
- LF Michael O’Neill: 2-5, 2B
- 3B Eric Jagielo: 2-4, K, HBP – .350/.447/.475 through his first ten games with SI.
- DH Kale Sumner: 2-3, 2-run HR, 2 BB – 32nd Rounder off to a nice start.
- 1B Bubba Jones: 3-5, 2B, 3-run HR
- SP Rookie Davis: 5 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K – He was last year’s bonus baby.
- 2B Gosuke Katoh: 0-1, 1 BB, 1 Sac Fly, 2 SB
- LF Ronnie Musterlier: 0-3 – Continuing a pretty miserable rehab showing.
- SP Mark Montgomery: 2 IP, 5 K, a whole lotta zeroes – Nice rehab outing.
- No one else had a notable performance in this game or game 2.