Fan Confidence Poll: July 22nd, 2013By
Record Last Week: 1-2 (14 RS, 14 RA)
Season Record: 52-46 (387 RS, 389 RA, 49-49 pythag. record), 7.0 GB ALE/3.5 GB WC
Opponents This Week: @ Rangers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Rays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Mariano Rivera got the hold in his final All-Star Game as the AL held on for a 3-0 win. Robinson Cano is fine after taking a Matt Harvey fastball to the knee in the first inning of the game.
- The traditional second half started with a three-game set in Boston, but the lineup couldn’t support Andy Pettitte in the series opening loss. Hiroki Kuroda led the team to a win on Saturday, but they dropped the rubber game in extra innings yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Alex Rodriguez (quad) will not return this week due to a Grade I strain. Both Derek Jeter (quad) and Zoilo Almonte (ankle) were placed on the DL. Curtis Granderson (hand) has started taking batting practice. David Phelps (forearm) and Jayson Nix (hamstring) will start rehab assignments soon. Tyler Austin (wrist) has a bone bruise. Gary Sanchez is day-to-day after tweaking something while running the bases. Ian Clarkin (ankle) has started throwing off flat ground.
- Stephen Drew passed on an offer from the Yankees and took less money from the Red Sox this past offseason. The Tigers have interest in Joba Chamberlain. The Yankees have gotten calls from teams asking about Robinson Cano. They inquired about Chase Headley but don’t like Marlon Byrd.
- Following Almonte’s injury, New York recalled outfielders Melky Mesa and Thomas Neal. Alberto Gonzalez was designated for assignment as well. Brennan Boesch was released.
- The Yankees signed left-hander Artur Strzalka, the first player born and raised in Poland to be signed by an MLB team. They also have interest in Cuban righty Dalier Hinojosa.
- Sanchez snuck onto Keith Law’s midseason top 50 prospects list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.