Oct

Davidoff: A-Rod files malpractice suit against Yankees team doctor

Via Ken Davidoff: Alex Rodriguez and his legal team have filed a malpractice suit against Yankees team doctor Christopher Ahmad and New York-Presbyterian Medical Center over the diagnosis of his left hip injury last fall. There were rumors of an impending malpractice suit a few weeks ago, when A-Rod‘s camp accused the team of hiding his MRI results. Rodriguez and his lawyers sued MLB for their “witch hunt” earlier today. I’m rooting for pure chaos.

Categories : Asides

1. Gonzo says:

I wonder if this hurts the Yankees ability to get the best doctors? Like a doctor saying he wants to help but worries about his malpractice insurance jumping.

Probably not, but what heck, throw that into the pile.

2. And in merrie olde England says:

I’m not really sure why they thought it would be ok to mess with one of the few guys able to afford to stand up to them in court (this is a generic thought suited to pointing at MLB, Selig, Yankees)? Especially as he has ~$100m still on the table to protect.

• Gonzo says:

Maybe they didn’t think they were messing with him. Maybe he’s the one messing with them.

• JohnnyC says:

He’s messing with his supporters. Although I’d stand in the street for a few hours if I could get a free chimichurri sandwich. They’re delicious!

• Gonzo says:

He should have just paid a food truck to swing by and feed his people. He could afford that and it might look good in the court of public opinion.

3. Steve D Fl says:

Im rooting for A Rod to just go away.

4. Matt DiBari says:

Who are the good guys in all of this?

5. Geo says:

Alex is in full scorched earth mode. Burn every bridge and don’t look back. What a way to end a career.

6. Barry says:

I too would like this to be a circus to help pass the offseason

7. LarryM Fl says:

Obviously, Arod’s lawyers have reviewed the evidence against him. They figure he is going down. So why not take a few with him or cause major distractions.
    How in the world could he ever come back to the Yankees if in someway his suspension was overturned or lessen substantially just thinking out loud. I believe he’s takes a big hit with the arbitration upheld for the most part.

8. Robinson Tilapia says:

When do pitchers and catchers report?

9. EndlessJose says:

Funny how A-Rod is suing the Yankees doctors and yet will tell you he’s happy to be here and wants to stay.

A-Rod hip and other parts of his leg ended up hurting him as he broke down at the end of the season.A-Rod actually thought that leg is healthy.

10. Dan says:

At this point I’d be shocked if he doesn’t sue the team too. Either immediately, or after he loses the arbitration hearing if that happens.

11. Farewell Mo says:

Selig has plenty of blood on his hands but Arod is just a total piece of shit too.
    Just take a year suspension, collect the remaining $70 million on top of the $350 million he’s already made and sail off into the sunset. His reputation is forever ruined. He’s never ever getting into the HOF. He’s never getting a victory lap like Mo did, he’s never gonna be invited to an old timers game.

He has nothing to gain by his scorched earth routine as someone above called it other than to make the Yankees, MLB and Selig look worse than they already do.

Pete Rose just be breathing a sigh of relief that he’s been replaced as the number 1 persona non grata around baseball.

• Kiko Jones says:

And going along with Selig’s witch hunt wasn’t gonna change that, so fuck them.

Rarely do powerful hypocrites and bullies get their just desserts. If A-Rod can bring down Selig at least a couple of pegs it’ll be worth it. Here’s hoping he does.

• Captain Turbo says:

Amen, brother.

• I'm a looser baby so why don't you kill me? says:

He wasn’t offered a one year suspension.

12. JGYank says:

“I’m rooting for pure chaos.”

As if there wasn’t any chaos already. Arod will be a busy man this offseason.

13. Tisha says:

as the A Rod turns

14. Captain Turbo says:

Go get ‘em, A-Rod! Us true Yankee fans fucking love you!

“All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. You’ve got to say, ‘I’m a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!’ So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, ‘I’M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I’M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!’”

15. I'm a looser baby so why don't you kill me? says:

Chaos rules!

Go ARod!

#BoehnerShutdown #JustVote

16. RetroRob says:

I’m sure the doctor will appreciate working with A-Rod over the coming years.

17. Fins says:

Honestly, I hope A-Rod just goes, away. Its not happening but I can hope. I also think Mike is an idiot on this subject rooting for arod to cause chaos. In no way or form does this help the Yankees in any fashion. As a Yankee fan, I like to see the Yankees succeed and look good. This is going to make the Yankees look like shit, could cause distractions to rebuilding the team. I don’t see how this could possibly help the Yankees what so ever. But have your fun Mike, with the dueche bag A-rod and dueche bag Selig, dueling it out while the Yankees stand squarely in limelight of the whole shit storm and the front office spends countless man hours dealing with it.