2013 Season: 85-77 (637 RS, 671 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), didn’t qualify for playoffs
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees and Robinson Cano’s representatives met face-to-face several times last week. His camp lowered their demands to a nine-year contract worth $250-260M while the team is holding steady at seven years and $160-175M.
- Brendan Ryan’s contract is now official. He received a two-year deal worth $5M with a mutual option for a third year worth another $5M. New York also added infielder Yamaico Navarro on a minor league deal.
- There is mutual interest between Carlos Beltran and the Yankees, but Beltran wants three years while the Yankees are only willing to offer two. The club does not have an offer out to Stephen Drew.
- MLB and NPB officials met to continue negotiating a new posting system, though there is no agreement yet. The Yankees are “more upbeat” about Hiroki Kuroda returning next season.
- Chris Stewart is drawing trade interest. The team is also talking to him about a contract that will allow them to avoid arbitration.
- Bullpen coach Mike Harkey will be named the new pitching coach for the Diamondbacks this week.
- Left-hander Omar Luis will be available in the Rule 5 Draft next week due to a contract snafu.
- Mike Mussina is among the first timers on the 2014 Hall of Fame ballot.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.