Dec

Fan Confidence Poll: December 30th, 2013

2013 Season: 85-77 (637 RS, 671 RA, 77-85 pythag. record), didn’t qualify for playoffs

Top stories from last week:

Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.

Categories : Polls

1. jjyank says:

Baseline 7. Very intrigued to see what happens pitching wise.

2. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

I’ve been somewhere in the 5/6 range since Cano left, so we’ll go at a 6 this week because we’re in the Great Tanaka Hunt. Other than that, same strenghts and same holes. Not much new to say.

3. Betty Lizard says:

Still at my “the readiness is all” 9.

4. The Great Gonzo says:

Imma say it… the posting of Tanaka has me optimistic. There are A LOT more reasons for Tanaka to want to sign in New York than there are in most all other MLB locations, or at least I want to tell myself from over here in my cubicle.

And if the Yankees can pull this off, I feel like every little thing is going to be alright. Yes, I am currently listening to Bob Marley.

5. Baked McBride says:

I think McCann leads the charge next year, Ortiz gets plunked early on, the injury worm turns and the Yanks win it all

6. TheEvilUmpire says:

I know that the company is “Nippon Ham” and the nickname is “Fighters”, but I still love the thought of a gang of houligans running around and beating up slabs of ham. Heh… Ham Fighters!

7. Baked McBride says:

Sex with my college girlfriend was like fighting a ham

8. Hawkeye says:

I am not clear on what “we” are confident of happening.
    a) the Yankees will contend for a playoff spot
    b) the the Yankees will reach the playoffs
    c) the Yankees will get to the World Series
    d) the Yankees will win the World Series.

I would have the following confidence levels: a) 9 b) 7 c) 4 d) 2
    Understanding that the last two are very difficult, even if you have a very good team.
    FYI my vote was for b) 7

• Baked McBride says:

you sank my Battleship

• Jorge Steinbrenner says:

I certainly think more towards the first two due to the difficulty of predicting the latter two.

I also think a lot of folks vote “happiness” versus “confidence.”

• The Great Gonzo says:

“Given the team’s current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees’ overall future?”

In essence, this should (or could) always be 10. How could you not have confidence in the ‘overall future’ of a professional Major League Baseball team? Its not like we’re voting on JC Penney being open at this time next year.

• lightSABR says:

Agreed – I always vote based first and foremost on my confidence that the Yankees will make the playoffs next year, and secondly on my confidence that the Yankees will make the playoffs in following years.

Once you’re in the playoffs, it’s all a crap shoot. The best playoff teams are more likely to win the World Series than the worst ones, but not by a whole lot. Otherwise the Giants wouldn’t have won two of the last four championships…

9. Bobby d says:

My vote is a six. If they sign Tanaka plus another starter and a closer for the bullpen it goes to a nine.

10. Jorge Steinbrenner says:

Chad with the goods, or “why actual depth matters.”

• lightSABR says:

Holy cow. I’d somehow forgotten that we’d played Alberto Gonzalez in both outfield corners. Hideous. Insane.

I’m so glad last season is over. I’m so glad last season is over…

• Jorge Steinbrenner says:

This should be subtitled “Why you should beware of playing some combination of Brian Roberts, Kelly Johnson, and Brendan Ryan at second and third as Option A in 2014.”

• lightSABR says:

I know. Here’s hoping for a light A-Rod suspension, and/or two more deals for solid infielders.

• Jorge Steinbrenner says:

I’m hoping more for a year-long suspension and two of those infielders. No faith in Alex remaining healthy enough to be an effective contributor right now.

11. AO says:

I’ve been a solid 4 for some time now. The Yankees will be more interesting in 2014, but the poor state of the farm and all the old dudes make for a not so bright future.