Jul

Beltran has two small facial fractures after getting hit by ball in BP

Carlos Beltran has two small facial fractures after being hit by a ball that ricocheted off the cage during batting practice, Joe Girardi announced. They still need to make sure he did not suffer a concussion, but there’s a chance he will avoid the disabled list. The All-Star break is only four games away, after all. This team, man.

Categories : Asides, Injuries

1. Yeah Jeets says:

Gonna really miss that bat. And glove.

2. nycsportzfan says:

Wow.lol

3. Mark says:

Beltran becoming the guy from The Operation game.

4. n0exit says:

Didn’t one of the braves outfielders play with a broken jaw? I expect Beltran to be back soon.

5. TWTR says:

Just get the damn elbow surgery already. If this facilitates that, great.

6. Steinbrenner's Ghost says:

Don’t worry. He’s young, he’s only 37, he’ll bounce back quickly.

7. nick johnson says:

I taught beltran everything he knows about the disabled list and all I got was a lousy 10 percent kick back.xo, nick Johnson

8. Pinedamaybegreata (formerly Monterowasdinero) says:

The guy should just DH. He is a terrible outfielder nowadays anyway.

• I'm One says:

Nothing new here. That’s been the plan for about a month now, since he tried to work on a throwing program and his elbow bothered him again. Unfortunately, hitting with broken bones in your face is risky.

• pinedamaybegreata (formerly Monterowasdinero) says:

Probably not much greater than hitting without broken bones in your face if you think about it.

9. “I’m worried how this can affect me the rest of my career”. Did he see Cashman coming or what?