Record Last Week: 3-0 (14 RS, 6 RA)
Season Record: 50-47 (389 RS, 418 RA, 45-52 pythag. record) 3.0 GB in ALE, 1.5 GB of WC
Opponents This Week: vs. Rangers (four games, Mon. to Thurs.), vs. Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees and every other team were off until Friday for the All-Star break. Derek Jeter had two hits and helped the AL to a win in the Midsummer Classic, so the AL will have homefield advantage in the World Series this fall.
- After the break, the Reds came to the Bronx for a three-game weekend series. Jacoby Ellsbury’s homer gave the Bombers a win in the series opener before the Yankees blew Cincinnati out in the second game. They finished off the sweep with a walk-off win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (knee) will have season-ending “clean up” surgery. Masahiro Tanaka (elbow) received his platelet-rich plasma injection and is currently resting. Carlos Beltran (concussion) was activated off the 7-day disabled list.
- Impending free agent David Robertson confirmed there have been no extension talks with the Yankees. Alfonso Soriano was officially released.
- Brian Cashman confirmed the Yankees do not have interest in the recently released Dan Uggla. The Yankees have not discussed Ian Kennedy with the Padres and they don’t have interest in either Edwin Jackson or Bartolo Colon.
- Forbes ranked the Yankees as the fourth most valuable sports franchise in the world at $2.5 billion.
- Aaron Judge ranked 45th on Keith Law’s midseason top 50 prospects list.
- Assistant GM Billy Eppler is one of four finalists for the Padres’ vacant GM job.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.