Record Last Week: 5-2 (24 RS, 12 RA)
Season Record: 50-48 (403 RS, 428 RA, 46-52 pythag. record), 4.5 GB of postseason spot
Opponents This Week: @ Astros (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Rays (three games. Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with four games at home against the Orioles. The bullpen protected a 2-1 lead in the opener, then the Yankees blew the O’s out 7-1 on Tuesday. Wednesday’s 5-0 win was the Yankees’ fourth straight win, though they dropped the series finale 4-1.
- The Giants came to the Bronx next. The good guys rallied for a 3-2 win Friday, but San Francisco outlasted the Yanks in 12 innings in Saturday’s 2-1 loss. They rebounded with a 5-2 win yesterday.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (knee) is expected to return to the Triple-A lineup in a few days. Ian Clarkin (unknown) landed on the High-A DL. Conor Mullee (hand) has resumed playing catch.
- The Yankees are reportedly close to trading Aroldis Chapman to the Cubs. They have interest in some Nationals and Rangers prospects as well. CC Sabathia is drawing trade interest, and several teams have scouted Michael Pineda. The Yanks and Royals talked Carlos Beltran earlier this year.
- Chad Green and Nick Goody were involved in up-and-down moves this week. Mason Williams was activated off the 60-day DL and optioned to Triple-A.
- The Yankees signed several international prospects when the 2016-17 signing period opened.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.