2016 Season Record: 84-78 (680 RS, 702 RA, 79-83 pythag. record), 5.0 GB of postseason spot
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees made their first major move of the offseason last week. They traded Brian McCann to the Astros for hard-throwing right-handed pitching prospects Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman. New York is also saving $11.5M in both 2017 and 2018.
- Miguel Andujar, Dietrich Enns, Gio Gallegos, Ronald Herrera, Jorge Mateo, and Yefrey Ramirez were all added to the 40-man roster and protected from the Rule 5 Draft. Dustin Ackley was released while Nathan Eovaldi, Nick Rumbelow, and Joe Mantiply were designated for assignment to clear 40-man space.
- MLB rules make it unlikely Shohei Otani will be posted this offseason. Carlos Beltran, Derek Holland, Greg Holland, and Jason Hammel are on the Yankees’ radar. Chase Headley is available. James Pazos was traded to the Mariners for pitching prospect Zack Littell.
- Gary Sanchez finished second to Michael Fulmer in the AL Rookie of the Year voting. Joe Girardi finished fifth for Manager of the Year and Masahiro Tanaka was seventh for Cy Young. No Yankees received MVP votes.
- Gleyber Torres was named the Arizona Fall League MVP. He’s the youngest MVP and batting champion in AzFL history.
- Adam Warren will again be given a chance to win a rotation spot in Spring Training.
- The reporting date for pitchers and catchers has been pushed back one day, to February 14th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?