Spring Record: 22-7 (173 RS, 124 RA)
Spring Opponents This Week: Mon. OFF, Tues. vs. DET (no TV), Weds. @ DET (no TV), Thurs. @ PHI (MLB.tv), Fri. @ ATL (YES, MLBN, MLB.tv), Sat. OFF
Regular Season Opponents This Week: Sun. @ Rays (Opening Day!)
Top stories from last week:
- Masahiro Tanaka, CC Sabathia, and Michael Pineda will start the first three games of the regular season, in that order. The Yankees will use off-days to skip the fifth starter the first two times through the rotation.
- As expected, the Yankees named Greg Bird their starting first baseman. We’re still waiting to see who will get the final two rotation spots and the final two bullpen spots.
- Injury Updates: Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could be sidelined until May with a strain. He got hurt making a throw during a World Baseball Classic exhibition game. Tyler Austin (foot) will be in a walking boot for another two weeks. Jake Cave (knee) will start the season on the minor league disabled list.
- Among last week’s roster cuts were Luis Cessa, Gleyber Torres, Clint Frazier, Billy McKinney, and Dustin Fowler. Jon Niese was released, but could be re-signed to a minor league contract.
- In the wake of the Gregorius injury, the Yankees reportedly had some interest in Diamondbacks shortstop Nick Ahmed. Jose Iglesias’ and Zack Cozart’s names popped up as well.
- Jorge Mateo will indeed begin playing center field this season. Not every single day, but a few times a week. The D’Backs returned Rule 5 Draft pick Tyler Jones.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.
Given the team's current roster construction, farm system, management, etc., how confident are you in the Yankees' overall future?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.