Spring Record: 9-2 (71 RS, 36 RA)
Spring Opponents This Week: Mon. @ PIT (MLBN, MLB.tv), Tues. vs. TB (YES, MLB.tv), Weds. vs. Canada (no TV), Thurs. @ ATL (no TV), Fri. @ PHI (MLBN, MLB.tv), Sat. vs. DET (YES, MLB.tv), Sun. vs. ATL (no TV)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees had opportunities to trade Brett Gardner in a salary dump deal over the winter. They also pursued Mexican League righty Hector Velazquez before he signed with the Red Sox.
- Injury Updates: James Kaprielian (elbow) is healthy, but the Yankees are going to move at a “snail’s pace” with him this spring following last year’s injury. Ji-Man Choi (face) seems to be okay after getting hit by a pitch. Kellin Deglan (shoulder) withdrew from the World Baseball Classic due to soreness.
- Spring Training stats don’t mean much of anything, but Greg Bird is hitting for power, and that’s encouraging following shoulder surgery.
- MLB and MLBPA have agreed to some rule changes for the 2017 season.
- The YES Network will return to Comcast on March 31st.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.