- In case you missed it earlier, 1B Tyler Austin was activated off the 60-day disabled list and optioned to Triple-A Scranton. Kinda surprised. My boring take: The Yankees know what they’re doing. Crazy, I know.
- OF Mark Payton has rejoined Triple-A Scranton, the team announced. He was squeezed down to Double-A Trenton recently. Jason Gurka being released and Ruben Tejada being traded opened up roster spots for Austin and Payton. (Austin didn’t count against the roster on rehab.)
- Welcome to MLB.com’s top 100 prospects list, OF Dustin Fowler. Rockies RHP Jeff Hoffman graduated to the big leagues with yesterday’s start, so Fowler slid onto the list at No. 100 to replace Hoffman. The Yankees now have eight players on MLB.com’s top 100.
Triple-A Scranton (6-3 win over Rochester) they are 32-22 and in second place in the North Division, 4.5 games back of Lehigh Valley
- 3B Tyler Wade: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI
- CF Dustin Fowler: 1-3, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 K
- SS Gleyber Torres: 3-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 4 RBI, 1 BB — his first Triple-A homer was a three-run go-ahead shot … has been 3-for-22 (.136) in his last seven games
- 1B Tyler Austin: 1-4, 1 2B, 3 K
- RF Clint Frazier: 0-3, 1 BB, 1 K — in a little 5-for-27 (.185) slump
- LF Mason Williams: 0-4
- RHP Bryan Mitchell: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 4/2 GB/FB — 29 of 44 pitches were strikes (66%) … I guess they’re going to get him stretched back out while he’s down here
- RHP Domingo German: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K, 1 WP, 6/3 GB/FB — 62 of 94 pitches were strikes (66%) … 65/17 K/BB in 59.1 innings for Big Germ
- RHP Ben Heller: 1 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 0/2 GB/FB — eight of eleven pitches were strikes
Double-A Trenton had a scheduled off-day. They are 35-20 and have a two-game lead in the Eastern Division. Their .636 winning percentage is the highest in all of Double-A baseball, including the Southern League and Texas League.
High-A Tampa (6-0 win over Jupiter) they are 30-28 and tied for third in the North Division, 3.5 games back of Clearwater
- SS Jorge Mateo: 1-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 K, 1 HBP, 1 SB
- 3B Kyle Holder: 1-4, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K
- LF Tito Polo: 2-5, 2 R, 1 RBI, 2 K, 2 SB — 7-for-14 in his last three games
- 1B Greg Bird: 1-3, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — played a full nine innings for the first time as part of his rehab
- RF Trey Amburgey: 1-4, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 K — four homers in his last six games
- LHP Ian Clarkin: 4 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 3/4 GB/FB — 41 of 72 pitches were strikes (57%) … this is his third game back from a shoulder issue, and clearly they’re easing him back into things given the pitch count
- RHP Jordan Foley: 1 IP, zeroes, 2/0 GB/FB — eight of 12 pitches were strikes … season debut after opening the year on the disabled list with an unknown injury
Low-A Charleston had a scheduled off-day. They are 28-28 and in fifth place in the Southern Division, six games back of Greenville.
As a reminder, the Short Season Staten Island (June 19th), Rookie Pulaski (June 22nd), and Rookie GCL Yankees (June 26th) all begin their seasons later this month. DotF is about to get a whole lot bigger.