Record Last Week: 5-1 (59 RS, 14 RA)
Season Record: 37-23 (353 RS, 238 RA, 40-20 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: @ Angels (three games, Mon. to Weds.), @ Athletics (four games, Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day before the Red Sox came to the Bronx for a three-game series. Masahiro Tanaka got rocked yet again in Tuesday’s 5-4 loss, though the Yankees rebounded with an 8-0 win Wednesday and a 9-1 win Thursday.
- The Orioles were in town next. The offense broke out late in Friday’s 8-2 win, then the bats really went to work in Saturday’s 16-3 win and Sunday’s 14-3 win. That was a fun series. Most fun of the season, I do declare.
- Injury Updates: Aroldis Chapman (shoulder) will pitch in minor league rehab games Tuesday and Friday. Jacoby Ellsbury (concussion) did not travel with the Yankees to the West Coast. He stayed behind and is working out. Greg Bird (ankle) is still on his rehab assignment with no firm timetable for him return. Blake Rutherford (ankle) and Albert Abreu (unknown) were placed on the minor league disabled list.
- Tyler Austin was activated off the disabled list and optioned to Triple-A Scranton. Tommy Layne was designated for assignment and Domingo German was called up.
- The Yankees are reportedly looking for a third baseman on the trade market. There is some new information about Shohei Otani, who may or may not come to MLB after the season.
- Aaron Judge is the AL’s leading vote-getter for the All-Star Game.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.