Record Last Week: 2-4 (25 RS, 31 RA)
Season Record: 45-41 (477 RS, 379 RA, 52-34 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: All-Star break (Mon. to Thurs.), @ Red Sox (four games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees came home to start the week. Masahiro Tanaka pitched well in Monday’s 6-3 win, but the offense got shut down in Tuesday’s 4-1 loss. The Yankees made a great comeback but lost 7-6 Wednesday anyway.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Brewers came to town for a weekend interleague series. The bullpen melted down in Friday’s 9-4 loss, then Clint Frazier hit a walk-off homer in Saturday’s 5-3 win. The Yankees wasted a ton of chances in Sunday’s 5-3 loss.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (ankle) still doesn’t feel right and will see more doctors. Matt Holliday (illness) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Starlin Castro (hamstring) is expected to begin a rehab assignment in the coming days. Justus Sheffield (oblique) was placed on the Double-A debut.
- Ben Heller, Jonathan Holder, Luis Cessa, and Jordan Montgomery were involved in shuttle moves last week. Montgomery will be back right after the All-Star break. He won’t miss a start. Chris Carter was cut (again) and Ji-Man Choi was called up. Tommy Layne was released from Triple-A.
- Seven Yankees made Baseball America’s midseason top 100 prospects list. The Yankees signed several top prospects when the 2017-18 international signing period opened.
- Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez will participate in the Home Run Derby tonight.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.