Record Last Week: 2-4 (28 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 61-55 (598 RS, 488 RA, 69-47 pythag. record)
Opponents This Week: vs. Mets (two games, Mon. and Tues.), @ Mets (two games, Weds. and Thurs.), @ Red Sox (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Yankees headed to Toronto for a three-game series with the Blue Jays. The Yankees lost 4-2 Tuesday, won 11-5 Wednesday, and lost 4-0 Thursday.
- A three-game set with the Red Sox at home was next. The Yankees made a late comeback in Friday’s 5-4 win, then Luis Severino got rocked in Saturday’s 10-5 loss. Aroldis Chapman blew the save in Sunday’s 3-2 loss.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (knee) and Masahiro Tanaka (shoulder) were placed on the 10-day DL with inflammation. The hope is both will return as soon as they’re eligible to be activated. Greg Bird (ankle) and Starlin Castro (hamstring) will begin minor league rehab assignments this week. Matt Holliday (back) has resumed taking batting practice. Jordan Montgomery (head) was hit in the head by a line drive Saturday, but was able to make his start Sunday. Clint Frazier (oblique) was placed on the 10-day DL. Jonathan Holder (unknown) was placed on the Triple-A DL.
- The Yankees had a deal in place for Neil Walker at the trade deadline before backing out over medical concerns. They tried to acquire Jay Bruce last week before he was traded to the Indians, but aren’t in on Curtis Granderson.
- Aaron Hicks returned from his oblique injury when Frazier was placed on the disabled list. Also, Tyler Austin was activated and optioned to Triple-A. Bryan Mitchell, Gio Gallegos, and Caleb Smith were involved in shuttle moves.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.