Some quick notes to get us started:
- OF Estevan Florial has been added to the Double-A Trenton roster for the Eastern League Championship Series, reports Josh Norris. He effectively replaces Clint Frazier on the roster. Matt Kardos says Florial may not start, however. He may only pinch-run or come in for defense, or serve as an injury replacement.
- Randy Miller spoke to a scout about a whole bunch of Yankees prospects, so make sure you check it out. “(He) can play in multiple All-Star Games. I’ll put my neck out on the line for that one … This kid for me has a chance to be special,” said the scout of Florial. Also, SS Gleyber Torres got a Miguel Cabrera comp. Huh.
- Baseball America released their Classification All-Stars this week. The Yankees have prospects on the Short Season (RHP Jorge Guzman), Low-A (Florial), and Triple-A (RHP Chance Adams) teams.
- The Tampa complex suffered “minimal damage” during Hurricane Irma, farm system head Gary Denbo confirmed to George King. The Tampa offices reopen tomorrow, the team announced.
Triple-A Scranton (6-0 loss to Durham) they trail the best-of-five International League Championship Series one game to none
- CF Mason Williams: 2-4, 1 K — 7-for–20 (.350) in the postseason so far
- 2B Donovan Solano: 1-4, 2 K — 8-for-20 (.400) in the postseason so far
- LF Billy McKinney, 3B Miguel Andujar, DH Mike Ford, C Kyle Higashioka & RF Jake Cave: all 0-3 — McKinney and Higashioka struck out
- 1B Garrett Cooper: 0-2, 1 K, 1 HBP
- RHP Ronald Herrera: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 1 WP, 7/3 GB/FB — 55 of 77 pitches were strikes (71%) … allowed three runs in the first, so they were playing catch-up right from the start
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 0/1 GB/FB — half of his 22 pitches were strikes
Double-A Trenton (2-1 loss to Altoona) they trail the best-of-first Eastern League Championship Series one game to none
- RF Jeff Hendrix & SS Thairo Estrada: both 2-4 — Thairo drove in their only run and struck out
- 2B Nick Solak: 0-3, 1 K — 3-for-20 (.150) in five postseason games, though he has drive in four runs
- 1B Ryan McBroom: 1-4, 1 K
- 2B Abi Avelino: 1-4, 1 2B
- CF Rashad Crawford: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 K — 5-for-11 (.455) with two walks in the postseason
- RHP Dillon Tate: 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HB, 7/4 GB/FB — 52 of 91 pitches were strikes (57%) … Keith Law was at the game and said Tate was throwing 97 mph, and is back to where he was before the Rangers screwed around with his mechanics last year
- RHP Jose Mesa Jr.: 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 25 of 42 pitches were strikes (60%) … thought maybe he’d get a start this series, but I guess they’re going to try to get two or maybe even three appearances out of him in relief
High-A Tampa‘s season is over. They lost to Dunedin (Blue Jays) in their first round postseason series.
Low-A Charleston‘s season is over. They lost to Greenville (Red Sox) in their first round postseason series.
Short Season Staten Island (7-1 loss to Hudson Valley) they lost the best-of-three first round postseason series two games to one, so their season is over … they got shut down by Rays LHP Brendan McKay, the fourth overall pick in this year’s draft
- SS Wilkerman Garcia: 0-2, 2 BB, 1 K — pretty rough year for him overall
- RF Timmy Robinson: 1-4, 1 K
- RHP Juan De Paula: 3.1 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 3/3 GB/FB — 28 of 40 pitches were strikes (70%) … had allowed four earned runs total in his final five starts and 28 innings of the regular season
Rookie Pulaski‘s season is over. They lost to Elizabethton (Twins) in the Appalachian League Championship Series.
Rookie GCL Yanks East‘s season is over. They beat the GCL Nationals and won the Gulf Coast League Championship Series.
Rookie GCL Yanks West‘s season is over. They did not qualify for the postseason.