Record Last Week: 5-2 (43 RS, 21 RA)
Season Record: 82-67 (793 RS, 619 RA, 91-58 pythag. record) 3.0 GB in ALE, 6.0 GU on WC
Opponents This Week: vs. Twins (three games, Mon. to Weds.), Thurs. OFF, @ Blue Jays (three games, Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a neutral site series against the Rays at Citi Field. The Yankees picked up a 5-1 win Monday, but didn’t give Sonny Gray much run support in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss. They held on for a 3-2 win Wednesday.
- The Orioles came to the Bronx for a four-game series next. The offense came alive in Thursday’s 13-5 win, Friday’s 8-2 win, and Saturday’s 9-3 win. The Yankees were unable to finish the sweep in Sunday’s 6-4 loss.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Hicks (oblique) has started throwing and taking dry swings. Adam Warren (back) is playing catch. Greg Bird (back) and Todd Frazier (back) missed games with stiffness but have since returned to the lineup. Clint Frazier (oblique) was activated off the 10-day DL. Caleb Smith (viral infection) was placed on the 10-day DL.
- The Yankees are said to like impending free agent Eric Hosmer, though the luxury tax plan may not allow them to sign him. The team signed Dominican shortstop prospect Ronny Rojas for $1M and are still connected to several other international prospects.
- Miguel Andujar, Jonathan Holder, and Domingo German were called up after Triple-A Scranton’s season ended Friday. The Yankees are planning to add Jake Cave and Billy McKinney to the 40-man roster after the season.
- The Red Sox were fined for their sign-stealing and the Yankees were fined a lesser amount for improper use of a bullpen phone in previous seasons.
- The Yankees have not yet made contract extension offers to Brian Cashman, Joe Girardi, or other members of the front office and coaching staff.
- The 2018 regular season schedule was announced. The Yankees will open the series in Toronto and close it in Boston.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in the nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.