OF Clint Frazier will join Triple-A Scranton tomorrow to continue his rehab assignment, according to DJ Eberle. Frazier is resting today after playing four games in four days with High-A Tampa. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets activated off the disabled list and optioned to Triple-A within the next few days.
Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (6-2 loss to Buffalo)
- 2B Tyler Wade: 2-4, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — his best game of the season at any level
- SS Thairo Estrada: 0-5 — first game at Triple-A after playing in some rehab games with Tampa
- 3B Brandon Drury: 1-3, 1 R, 1 K, 1 HBP, 3 E (all fielding) — here’s video of the single and the hit-by-pitch … Drury stayed in the game after being plunked, so I guess he’s okay … in case you missed it earlier, Aaron Boone said Drury will not return during the series with the Astros, and will instead stay down here to continue his rehab
- 1B Mike Ford: 0-2, 2 BB, 1 K
- C Kyle Higashioka: 0-2, 1 BB, 1 HBP
- LHP Josh Rogers: 6 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR, 9/5 GB/FB — 61 of 86 pitches were strikes (71%) … he’d allowed eight runs total in his first four starts and 24 innings
- RHP J.P. Feyereisen: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/ GB/FB — ten of 16 pitches were strikes (63%)
The Double-A Trenton Thunder had their game postponed due to wet grounds. Apparently they can’t get the renovated field to drain in Portland. They’re going to try to play a doubleheader tomorrow.
The High-A Tampa Tarpons and Low-A Charleston RiverDogs had scheduled off-days.