Record Last Week: 2-2 (22 RS, 33 RA)
Season Record: 7-7 (77 RS, 77 RA, 7-7 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Two games vs. Marlins (Mon. and Tues.); Weds. OFF; Four games vs. Blue Jays (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with an off-day, then the Yankees went to Boston for a three-game set. They got embarrassed in Tuesday’s 14-1 loss. The Yankees rebounded with a 10-7 win Wednesday, a game that featured a benches clearing brawl. The series ended with a 6-3 loss Thursday.
- The Yankees went to Detroit next and won 8-6 Friday, in the series opener. Both Saturday’s and Sunday’s games were rained out. They’ll be made up as part of a doubleheader on June 4th.
- Injury Updates: CC Sabathia (hip) will rejoin the rotation Thursday. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip) received a cortisone shot in the hip and the hope is he will resume baseball activity soon. Brandon Drury (migraines) is still undergoing tests. Domingo Acevedo (blister) was placed on the Double-A disabled list. Gio Gallegos (unknown) was placed on the Triple-A disabled list.
- Tyler Austin has been suspended five games as a result of Wednesday’s brawl with the Red Sox. He is appealing and thus eligible to play in the meantime. Sabathia and third base coach Phil Nevin were fined.
- Shane Robinson was designated for assignment when Aaron Hicks rejoined the team Thursday. Jace Peterson was designated for assignment to clear space for Robinson earlier in the week.
- The Orioles returned Rule 5 Draft pick Nestor Cortes. The Yankees acquired L.J. Mazzilli from the Mets in a minor trade.
- The Yankees have among the smallest bonus pools for the 2018 draft and 2018-19 international signing period. Same story every year.
- Once again, the Yankees are the most valuable franchise in baseball, per Forbes.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.