Record Last Week: 4-2 (36 RS, 23 RA)
Season Record: 11-9 (113 RS, 100 RA, 11-9 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Four games vs. Twins (Mon. to Thurs.); Three games @ Angels (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with quick two-game series against Derek Jeter’s Marlins. The Yankees had a big game offensively in Monday’s 12-1 win, but the Marlins returned the favor in Tuesday’s 9-1 loss.
- Wednesday was an off-day, then the Blue Jays came to the Bronx for a four-game set. CC Sabathia returned from the disabled list in Thursday’s 4-3 win, but the pitching staff melted down in Friday’s 8-5 loss. The Yankees bounced back with a 9-1 win Saturday and a 5-1 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Tommy Kahnle (shoulder), Adam Warren (back), and Luis Cessa (oblique) were all placed on the disabled list. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip) also has plantar fasciitis now. Brandon Drury (migraines) has resumed baseball activities. Greg Bird (ankle) is progressing well. Clint Frazier (concussion) is working out “full bore” and is expected to begin a rehab assignment soon. Minor leaguers Gio Gallegos (groin) and Anyelo Gomez (shoulder) are inching closer to a return.
- Top prospect Gleyber Torres was called up yesterday. The Yankees also called up David Hale and Jonathan Holder, sent down Tyler Wade, and designated Jace Peterson for assignment in a series of roster moves throughout the week.
- The Yankees re-signed Adam Lind to a new minor league contract. Cole Hamels has the Yankees on his no-trade list. Japanese lefty Yusei Kikuchi is expected to come to MLB next year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.