Season Record: 2-2 (17 RS, 15 RA, 2-2 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Two games vs. Rays (Tues. and Weds.); Four games vs. Orioles (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees opened the new season with four games in Toronto. Giancarlo Stanton hit two home runs in Thursday’s 6-1 win and Masahiro Tanaka pitched well in Friday’s 4-2 win. Dellin Betances melted down in Saturday’s 5-3 loss, then David Roberson melted down in Sunday’s 7-4 loss.
- Injury Updates: Greg Bird (ankle) will miss 6-8 weeks after having surgery to remove a bone spur. Aaron Hicks (intercostal) was placed on the disabled list with a strain. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique) and Clint Frazier (concussion) are in Tampa rehabbing. Billy McKinney (shoulder) will miss a few weeks with a sprain. Adam Warren (ankle) has a bruise after being hit by a comebacker. Gio Gallegos (groin) will start the season on the disabled list.
- Miguel Andujar was called up to replace McKinney, who replaced Hicks. The Yankees are looking at April 24th as a target date to use a spot sixth starter. Rule 5 Draft pick Jose Mesa Jr. was returned by the Orioles. The Yankees signed Oliver Perez to a minor league contract.
- By our calculations, the Yankees have approximately $13.5M left to spend under the $197M luxury tax threshold. They opened the season with a $167M actual payroll, seventh highest in baseball and their lowest since 2003.
- Today’s home opener has been snowed out. The game will be made up tomorrow afternoon.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.