Record Last Week: 3-3 (33 RS, 36 RA)
Season Record: 33-16 (284 RS, 211 RA, 32-18 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Three games vs. Astros (Mon. to Weds.); Four games at Orioles (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games in Texas. Gleyber Torres went deep twice in Monday’s 10-5 win, but the Yankees couldn’t solve Cole Hamels in Tuesday’s 6-4 loss, and they blew two big leads in Wednesday’s 12-10 loss.
- The Yankees returned home to face the Angels following Thursday’s off-day. Torres hit a historic home run in Friday’s 2-1 win, but Sonny Gray got rocked again in Saturday’s 11-4 loss. The Yankees clinched a series victory with Sunday’s 3-1 win.
- Injury Updates: Gary Sanchez (calf) missed a game with a cramp and is fine now. Jordan Montgomery (elbow) has started playing catch. Adam Warren (lat) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot, back) has not yet resumed baseball activities. Clarke Schmidt (elbow) faced hitters for the first time as part of his Tommy John surgery rehab. Thairo Estrada (wrist) has resumed baseball activities.
- Greg Bird, Tommy Kahnle, and Billy McKinney were all activated off the disabled list. Ronald Torreyes was sent to Triple-A to clear a spot for Bird and Ryan Bollinger was sent to Double-A to clear a spot for Kahnle. McKinney was optioned to Triple-A as well. Clint Frazier, Gio Gallegos, and Bollinger were all involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- The Yankees traded Erik Kratz to the Brewers for cash and released Adam Lind. Wilkin Castillo was signed out an independent league.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea of how confident you are in the team. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.