Record Last Week: 5-2 (27 RS, 16 RA)
Season Record: 42-19 (335 RS, 230 RA, 39-22 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF; Two games vs. Nationals (Tues. and Weds.); Four games vs. Rays (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a Monday doubleheader in Detroit. Luis Severino dominated in a 7-4 win in the first game before the Yankees stranded a bunch of runners in a 4-2 loss in the second game.
- Two games in Toronto followed. The offense broke out late in Tuesday’s 7-2 win, then Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton provided 13th inning homers in Wednesday’s 3-0 win.
- The 2018 Subway Series opened following Thursday’s off-day. Brett Gardner’s clutch homer gave the Yankees a 4-1 win Friday, then the offense picked up Domingo German in Saturday’s 4-3 win. The Yankees were unable to finish the sweep in Sunday’s 2-0 loss.
- Injury Updates: Jordan Montgomery (elbow) underwent Tommy John surgery. Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings) was placed on the disabled with strains and could miss several weeks. Clarke Schmidt (elbow) will return to game action soon as he rehabs from Tommy John surgery. The Yankees do have insurance on Jacoby Ellsbury’s contract.
- Adam Warren was activated off the disabled list and Tommy Kahnle was optioned to Triple-A. Ronald Torreyes and Clint Frazier were also involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- The Yankees selected high school catcher Anthony Seigler with their first round pick in the 2018 draft, and have already signed him to a $2,815,900 slot bonus. Here are our Day One, Day Two, and Day Three draft recaps.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.