Record Last Week: 4-2 (21 RS, 12 RA)
Season Record: 46-21 (356 RS, 258 RA, 44-24 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Two games at Nationals (both Mon.); Three games vs. Mariners (Tues. to Thurs.); Three games at Rays (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- Following Monday’s off-day, the Nationals came to town for a quick two-game series. Didi Gregorius hit two homers in Tuesday’s 3-0 win and Juan Soto responded with two homers in Wednesday’s 5-4 loss.
- A four-game set with the Rays followed. Gleyber Torres hit a clutch home run in Thursday’s 4-3 win and Jonathan Loaisiga impressed in his MLB debut in Friday’s 5-0 win. Luis Severino was great in Saturday’s 4-1 win, but the Yankees were unable to complete the sweep with Sunday’s 3-1 loss.
- Injury Updates: Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings) continues to play catch. Luis Cessa (oblique) started a minor league rehab assignment. Erik Swanson was placed on the minor league disabled list with an unknown injury.
- The Yankees made two small deals with the Brewers last week. Minor league righty Chad Whitmer was sent to Milwaukee for international bonus money and minor league infielder Wendell Rijo came to the Yankees as the player to be named later in last month’s Erik Kratz trade.
- Several more 2018 draft picks have signed, including second rounder Josh Breaux ($1.5M) and third rounder Ryder Green ($1M) to overslot bonuses.
- Tyler Austin was sent to Triple-A Scranton to clear a roster spot for Loaisiga.
- Several Yankees are leading the All-Star Game fan voting at their positions.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.