Record Last Week: 4-4 (32 RS, 30 RA)
Season Record: 50-25 (388 RS, 288 RA, 47-28 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Three games at Phillies (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games vs. Red Sox (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a game-and-a-half in Washington. Juan Soto sunk the Yankees in 5-3 loss Monday afternoon in the completion of the suspension game, but the Yankees rebounded with a 4-2 win Monday night.
- A three-game series with the Mariners followed. Domingo German dominated in Tuesday’s 7-2 win and Giancarlo Stanton socked a walk-off homer in Wednesday’s 7-5 win. The Yankees finished the sweep with a 4-3 win Thursday.
- The Yankees headed to Tampa for a three-game weekend series next. The bats didn’t do much in Friday’s 2-1 loss or Saturday’s 4-0 loss. The Rays finished the sweep in a walk-off 7-6 loss Sunday.
- Injury Update: Gary Sanchez (groin) is heading to the disabled list. He’ll undergo an MRI today to determine the severity of the injury. Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings) has started throwing and is on track to pitch in a simulated game later this week. Brett Gardner (knee) has since returned to the lineup after dealing with some inflammation. Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique, hip, foot, back) hopes to begin playing in minor league rehab games soon. A.J. Cole (neck) was placed on the 10-day DL with a strain. Thairo Estrada (back) may be done for the season. Anyelo Gomez (shoulder) is done for the season following surgery.
- Clint Frazier was called up to provide outfield depth while Gardner was dealing with his knee issue. Ronald Torreyes was sent down in a corresponding move. Luis Cessa was activated from the disabled list to replace Cole.
- The Yankees reportedly have interest in Blue Jays righty J.A. Happ. The Blue Jays stink and Happ is an impending free agent, so of course he’s available.
- Gleyber Torres said he’s going to pass on the Home Run Derby. It’s unclear whether MLB was trying to convince him to participate.
- Three Yankees made MLB.com’s midseason top 100 prospects list.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.