Record Last Week: 4-2 (29 RS, 18 RA)
Season Record: 54-27 (417 RS, 306 RA, 52-29 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Three games vs. Braves (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games at Blue Jays (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with three games in Philadelphia. Jonathan Loaisiga helped snap the three-game losing streak in Monday’s 4-2 win, and Luis Severino dominated in Tuesday’s 6-0 win. The Yankees couldn’t complete the sweep in Wednesday’s 3-0 loss.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees hosted the Red Sox for a three-game weekend series. CC Sabathia was The Man in Friday’s 8-1 win but Sonny Gray got demolished in Saturday’s 11-0 loss. Aaron Hicks clubbed three homers in Sunday’s 11-1 win.
- Injury Updates: Gary Sanchez (groin) will miss 3-4 weeks with a strain. Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings) will make a minor league rehab start this week and could return as soon as next week. Austin Romine (hamstring) is day-to-day. A.J. Cole (neck) has started a minor league rehab assignment. Tyler Austin (back) was placed on the Triple-A disabled list with inflammation. Freicer Perez (shoulder) is done for the season following surgery to remove bone spurs.
- In advance of the trade deadline, the Yankees have scouted Michael Fulmer and talked to the Mets about their players. Pitching remains the No. 1 need.
- The Yankees are expected to sign Cuban righty Osiel Rodriguez. They signed several more draft picks, including several late rounders to overslot bonuses.
- Brandon Drury, Luis Cessa, Gio Gallegos, Kyle Higashioka, and David Hale were all involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- Giancarlo Stanton has not yet thought about participating in the Home Run Derby.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.