Record Last Week: 4-2 (29 RS, 24 RA)
Season Record: 58-29 (446 RS, 336 RA, 55-32 expected record)
Schedule This Week: Four games vs. Orioles (Mon. to Weds.); Four games vs. Indians (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a three-game interleague series with the Braves. The Yankees stranded a small army of runners on Monday’s 5-3 loss. They bounced back with an 8-5 win Tuesday and a 6-2 win Tuesday.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went up to Toronto for a three-game set. Sonny Gray got hammered again in Friday’s 6-2 loss, but the Yankees rebounded with an 8-5 win Saturday and a 2-1 win Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Gleyber Torres (hip) was placed on the 10-day DL with a strain. Masahiro Tanaka (hamstrings) will return tomorrow. Gary Sanchez (groin) has resumed baseball activities. Aroldis Chapman (knee) and Aaron Hicks (leg) are day-to-day. Austin Romine (hamstring) was day-to-day and has since returned to the lineup. Jonathan Loaisiga (shoulder) was placed on Triple-A disabled list with inflammation.
- The Yankees have interest in J.A. Happ but not so much in Matt Harvey or Tyson Ross. The Royals, Tigers, and Reds are among the teams scouting New York’s young players.
- Chapman, Torres, Aaron Judge, and Luis Severino are all going to the All-Star Game. Justus Sheffield will represent the Yankees in the Futures Game.
- David Hale, Clint Frazier, Tyler Wade, were involved in up-and-down moves last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.