Record Last Week: 4-3 (39 RS, 31 RA)
Season Record: 78-46 (647 RS, 499 RA, 76-48 expected record), 9.5 GB in ALE, +7.5 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Monday OFF; Two games at Marlins (Tues. and Weds.); Thursday OFF; Four games at Orioles (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last night:
- The week started with a makeup game against the Mets, and Luis Severino got hit hard again in Monday’s 8-5 loss.
- Three games with the Rays followed. J.A. Happ pitched the Yankees to a 4-1 win Tuesday, but the bats went silent in Wednesday’s 6-1 loss and Thursday’s 3-1 loss.
- The week closed with three games against the Blue Jays. The Yankees picked up a rain-shortened 7-5 win Friday, then they clinched the series win with an 11-6 win Saturday. They finished the sweep with Sunday’s 10-2 win.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (wrist) still hasn’t started swinging a bat. Gary Sanchez (groin) is expected to begin playing rehab games later this week. Didi Gregorius (heel) has a “pretty significant” bruise and could land on the disabled list. CC Sabathia (knee) was placed on the disabled list with inflammation. He’s expected to miss just one start. Giancarlo Stanton (hamstring) expects to play the field this week. Austin Romine (head, neck) is okay after taking a foul tip to the face mask. Clint Frazier (post-concussion migraines) is hitting and running, but there is no timetable for his return.
- Luis Cessa, George Kontos, and Tommy Kahnle went up and down last week.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.