Record Last Week: 5-1 (32 RS, 22 RA)
Season Record: 83-47 (679 RS, 521 RA, 80-50 expected record), 6.0 GB in ALE, +9.5 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Three games vs. White Sox (Mon. to Tues.); Four games vs. Tigers (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees headed to Miami for a two-game series following Monday’s off-day. They picked up a 2-1 win Tuesday in 12 innings before suffering a disappointing 9-3 loss Wednesday.
- Following another off-day Thursday, the Yankees went to Baltimore for four games in three days. Luke Voit hit two home runs in Friday’s 7-5 win, then the Yankees swept Saturday’s doubleheader with a 10-3 win in the afternoon and a 5-1 win at night. They finished the series sweep with a 5-3 win Sunday. The Yankees gained 3.5 games on the Red Sox last week.
- Injury Updates: Didi Gregorius (heel) was placed on the 10-day DL with a contusion. Aroldis Chapman (knee) was placed on the 10-day DL with tendinitis. Aaron Judge (wrist) still has not started swinging a bat. Gary Sanchez (groin) has started a minor league rehab assignment and is about a week away. Clint Frazier (post-concussion migraines) could return in September but it is “too early to tell.” David Robertson (shoulder) missed a few days with tenderness but has since returned to action. Anthony Seigler (concussion) is done for the year.
- The Yankees claimed catcher Chris Rabago off waivers from the Rockies. Luis Cessa and Chance Adams were involved in up-and-down moves last week. Both Adams and Justus Sheffield are moving to the bullpen for the stretch run.
- The Orioles approached the Yankees about a potential Adam Jones trade earlier this month. The Yankees passed because they expect Judge to return at some point.
- The 2019 schedule was announced. The Yankees open at home against the O’s on March 28th.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.