Record Last Week: 1-5 (24 RS, 38 RA)
Season Record: 68-42 (564 RS, 442 RA, 67-43 expected record), 9.5 GB in ALE, 5.0 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Three games at White Sox (Mon. to Weds.); Four games vs. Rangers (Thurs. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Orioles came to the Bronx for a quick two-game series following Monday’s off-day. The Yankees won 6-3 Tuesday before Sonny Gray got rocked in Wednesday’s 7-5 loss. He was moved to the bullpen the next day.
- The Yankees went to Fenway Park for a huge four-game series next. The bullpen melted down in Thursday’s 15-7 loss, Rick Porcello shut the Yankees down in Friday’s 4-1 loss, and a ninth inning rally fell short in Saturday’s 4-1 loss. Aroldis Chapman blew a three-run lead in Sunday’s 5-4 loss.
- Injury Updates: J.A. Happ (hand, foot, and mouth disease) was placed on the 10-day DL and could return as soon as Thursday. Aaron Judge (wrist) could soon begin swinging a bat. Ben Heller (elbow) has started throwing as part of his Tommy John surgery rehab.
- Prior to Tuesday’s trade deadline the Yankees sent Adam Warren to the Mariners for international bonus money, and Tyler Austin and a prospect to the Twins for Lance Lynn. After the deadline the Yankees added George Kontos and Gio Urshela in cash trades.
- Chance Adams made his MLB debut Saturday. Adams, Tommy Kahnle, Luis Cessa, Ryan Bollinger, Luke Voit, Shane Robinson were all involved in up-and-down moves last week.
- The Yankees signed Cuban shortstop Alexander Vargas for $2.5M. They’re working to convert Dermis Garcia into a two-way player.
- Forbes says the Yankees are baseball’s move valuable franchise at $4 billion.
- CC Sabathia plans to pitch in 2019.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.