Record Last Week: 3-3 (20 RS, 20 RA)
Season Record: 89-54 (730 RS, 580 RA, 88-55 expected record), 8.5 GB in ALE, +10.0 GU for WC spot
Schedule This Week: Three games at Twins (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games vs. Blue Jays (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The Yankees traveled to the West Coast and started the week with three games in Oakland. CC Sabathia got hit hard in Monday’s 6-3 loss, but the Yankees bounced back with a 5-1 win Tuesday. Luis Severino and Gary Sanchez were a mess in Wednesday’s 8-2 loss.
- Following Thursday’s off-day, the Yankees went to Seattle for three games. Masahiro Tanaka was dominant in Friday’s 4-0 win and Austin Romine hit a late homer in Saturday’s 4-2 win. The Yankees couldn’t complete the sweep and lost 3-2 Sunday.
- Injury Updates: Aaron Judge (wrist) has resumed swinging and could hit on the field this week. Aroldis Chapman (knee) is throwing off flat ground. Clint Frazier (post-concussion migraines) suffered a setback and has been shut down. Erik Swanson (groin) and Domingo Acevedo (biceps) were placed on the minor league disabled list.
- Didi Gregorius has been activated off the disabled list. The Yankees are still easing him back into things following the heel injury, however.
- Impending free agent J.A. Happ said he is open to re-signing the Yankees. The Yankees were “in the hunt” for Madison Bumgarner at the trade deadline.
- Triple-A Scranton has advanced to the International League Championship Series for the third straight year.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.