Record Last Week: 4-2 (34 RS, 17 RA)
Season Record: 5-4 (49 RS, 17 RA, 6-3 expected record)
Scheduled This Week: Three games at Astros (Mon. to Weds.); Thursday OFF; Three games vs. White Sox (Fri. to Sun.)
Top stories from last week:
- The week started with a three-game home series against the Tigers. Gary Sanchez and Brett Gardner went deep in Monday’s 3-1 win, but Aroldis Chapman blew it in the ninth in Tuesday’s 3-1 loss. The Yankees set a new team record with 18 strikeouts in Wednesday’s 2-1 loss.
- The Yankees went to Baltimore for a three-game series next. Gleyber Torres hit a clutch homer in Thursday’s 8-4 win, Clint Frazier hit a clutch homer in Saturday’s 6-4 win, and everyone hit homers in Sunday’s 15-3 win.
- Injury Updates: Giancarlo Stanton (biceps), Miguel Andujar (shoulder), and Troy Tulowitzki (calf) all landed on the injured list. Andujar may need season-ending labrum surgery. CC Sabathia (knee, heart) made a minor league rehab start and is expected to join the Yankees next weekend. Luis Severino (shoulder) is still long-tossing. Dellin Betances (shoulder) will face hitters today. Aaron Hicks (back) has started baseball activities. Jacoby Ellsbury (hip) doing baseball activities.
- The Yankees called up Jonathan Loaisiga to replace Sabathia and Thairo Estrada to replace Tulowitzki, then swapped Estrada out with Gio Urshela. They also claimed Jake Barrett off waivers and signed Cliff Pennington to a minor league deal.
- And finally, we are shutting down RAB three weeks from today. I am burned out and it’s time to spend my time on other things.
Please take a second to answer the poll below and give us an idea how confident you are in the Yankees. You can view the interactive Fan Confidence Graph anytime via the Features tab in nav bar above, or by clicking here. Thanks in advance for voting.