A couple quick notes to pass along:
- IF Tyler Wade is coming up to the big leagues, reports Kyle Franko. He’s going to replace the injured Starlin Castro. Also, IF Abi Avelino is going up to Triple-A Scranton and SS Jorge Mateo is going to Double-A Trenton in corresponding moves.
- RHP Zack Littell has been moved back up from High-A Tampa to Double-A Trenton, the team announced. He made one start with the Thunder two weeks ago. The Yankees have to many starters at each level and keep having to shuffle guys around.
- C Kyle Higashioka has inflammation in his back, according to Conor Foley. He went for tests that showed no structural damage. Higashioka is currently on the Triple-A disabled list.
Triple-A Scranton (5-2 loss to Syracuse)
- SS Tyler Wade: 1-3 — he was lifted from the game following the Castro injury
- CF Dustin Fowler: 1-5, 1 RBI
- 3B Miguel Andujar: 0-4, 1 BB, 4 K — went from having no Triple-A strikeouts in six games to having four in seven games
- LF Clint Frazier: 0-4, 2 K, 1 E (throwing)
- RF Jake Cave: 2-3, 1 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI, 1 BB — nine homers in 41 games this year after hitting eight in 116 games last year
- LHP Joe Mantiply: 3 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 3/2 GB/FB — 30 of 50 pitches were strikes … making the spot start in place of RHP Ronald Herrera, who was called up to the big leagues earlier today
- LHP Nestor Cortes: 3.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2/2 GB/FB — 34 of 50 pitches were strikes (68%) … up here to help out the bullpen for a day
- RHP Ben Heller: 1.2 IP, zeroes, 2 K, 1/0 GB/FB — 14 of 23 pitches were strikes (61%) … 41/13 K/BB in 32 innings