Two quick notes:
- OF Jake Cave was placed on the Double-A Trenton disabled list with a concussion, reports Matt Kardos. OF Mark Payton was sent down from Triple-A Scranton to fill the roster spot. I guess that means SS Tyler Wade could see more outfield time with the RailRiders.
- LHP Ian Clarkin‘s recent disabled list stint was due to shoulder soreness, according to Mark Sanchez. Clarkin was out from March 3rd to March 24th. He missed the entire 2015 season with an elbow issue. This is his first shoulder problem as far as we know.
Triple-A Scranton (3-0 win over Toledo)
- 2B Tyler Wade: 0-4, 1 K
- RF Dustin Fowler: 2-4, 2 R, 2 2B, 1 SB — leads the farm system with 28 extra-base hits
- SS Gleyber Torres: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 K, 1 CS — 6-for-20 (.300) in five Triple-A games
- DH Tyler Austin: 1-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 K — this is day nine of his 20-day rehab window, by the way
- LF Clint Frazier: 0-4, 2 K — he’s second in the system with 25 extra-base hits
- CF Mason Williams: 2-4
- RHP Brady Lail: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 1/6 GB/FB — 56 of 88 pitches were strikes (64%) … this was his 31st career Triple-A start, and only the second time he hasn’t allowed a run
- RHP Gio Gallegos: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 1/4 GB/FB — 17 of 23 pitches were strikes (74%)