Let’s start with some notes:
- In case you missed it earlier, RHP James Kaprielian has been diagnosed with a flexor tendon strain. Also, C Gary Sanchez and SS Jorge Mateo will represent the Yankees at the Futures Game.
- Vince Lara-Cinisomo put together a list of nine pitching prospects who are in the middle of breakout seasons, and RHP Chance Adams is one of the nine. Adams has a 3.01 ERA (2.52 FIP) with a 30.9% strikeout rate and a 6.3% walk rate in 68.2 inning this year. He’s transitioning from reliever to starter.
- And finally, earlier today Matt Eddy pointed out the Yankees have the highest minor league winning percentage in baseball this year at .601. The Phillies are a distant second (.576). I’ve been around long enough to know winning in minors means nothing, but it’s still cool to see. So with that in mind, let’s update the standings tonight.
Triple-A Scranton (6-4 win over Syracuse) they are 47-30 and have a one-game lead in the North Division
- DH Ben Gamel: 0-4, 1 R, 1 BB
- RF Aaron Judge: 1-4, 1 , 1 BB — no homer? lame
- C Gary Sanchez: 2-5, 1 R, 1 RBI — 11-for-37 (.297) with two doubles and a homer in his last nine games
- 1B Tyler Austin: 3-4, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — man he is on some kind of tear, pretty amazing that he’s in the conversation for a call-up right now given the last few years
- CF Jake Cave: 1-4
- RHP Kyle Haynes: 7 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 8/5 GB/FB — 55 of 96 pitches were strikes (57%)
- RHP Matt Wotherspoon: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K, 1/4 GB/FB — 19 of 33 pitches were strikes (58%)