Got some notes to pass along:
- RHP Chance Adams and RHP Domingo Acevedo has both been promoted, according to Matt Kardos. Adams goes from High-A to Double-A while Acevedo goes from Low-A to High-A. A well-deserved promotion for both.
- LHP Neat Cotts has been released, so says Shane Hennigan. The Yankees must not have liked what they saw out of the veteran southpaw. The move clears a roster spot for RHP Chad Green, who was sent back down to clear a big league roster spot for Ike Davis.
- Bunch of award winners this week: C Kyle Higashioka was named the Triple-A International League Offensive Player of the Week while RHP Chance Adams and RHP Christian Morris were named the Pitcher of the Week in the High-A Florida State League and the Low-A South Atlanta League, respectively. Congrats to all.
Triple-A Scranton (8-4 win over Toledo)
- RF Ben Gamel: 3-5, 2 R, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 CS — 19-for-44 (.432) in his last eleven games
- 1B Nick Swisher: 3-5, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — 12-for-28 (.429) in his last seven games
- DH Gary Sanchez: 1-5, 1 K
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-3, 1 R, 2 BB, 1 K — still in the lineup even with Sanchez back
- LF Cesar Puello: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HBP — a total of 5,646 players have at least one plate plate appearances in the minors this year, and he ranks eighth with nine hit-by-pitches
- CF Jake Cave: 1-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI, 1 K
- RHP Luis Severino: 7 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 1 WP, 11/3 GB/FB — 60 of 88 pitches were strikes (68%) … too bad the box score can’t tell us how well he located his slider and changeup
- RHP Conor Mullee: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 1/1 GB/FB — 28 of 45 pitches were strikes (62%)
- RHP Johnny Barbato: 0.1 IP, zeroes, 0/1 GB/FB — three pitches, two strikes