Got two notes to pass along:
- The Yankees have released 1B Ike Davis, the team announced. The move clears a roster spot for LHP Richard Bleier, who was send down yesterday. I wouldn’t read anything into this regarding a potential call-up for 1B Tyler Austin. They needed a roster spot and Davis was most expendable. That’s all.
- PNC Field in Scranton (well, Moosic, technically) will host the 2017 Triple-A Championship Game between the International League and Pacific Coast League, reports Shane Hennigan. That’s pretty neat. Each year the IL and PCL champs meet for a one-game winner-take-all Triple-A title game.
Triple-A Scranton (10-0 win over Lehigh Valley) they lead the International League with 538 runs … only one other team is over 500 for the season
- LF Ben Gamel: 3-4, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — 12-for-30 (.400) in his last six games
- CF Clint Frazier: 3-5, 1 R, 1 2B, 1 RBI — 8-for-17 (.471) with two doubles, a triple, and a homer in his last five games
- RF Aaron Judge: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 K — here’s video of the homer
- DH Cesar Puello: 0-4, 1 R
- 1B Tyler Austin: 3-5, 1 R, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 K — 10-for-17 (.588) with five doubles in his last six games … I have to think he’s the odds on favorite to come up after Alex Rodriguez is released Saturday, but we’ll see
- C Kyle Higashioka: 1-5, 1 R, 1 PB
- LHP Dietrich Enns: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 9/3 GB/FB — 59 of 94 pitches were strikes (63%) … he has a 1.29 ERA in 181.1 innings since coming back from Tommy John surgery last season
- RHP Kirby Yates: 1 IP, zeroes, 2 K, 1/0 GB/FB — nine pitches, eight strikes